“At the bar, enjoying a pizza and a beer”
Review of Scheme Pizza

Scheme Pizza
Ranked #27 of 132 Restaurants in Salina
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We discovered that the restaurant opens on sort of a haphazard schedule- we got there on time, and cook didn't get there until about 30 minutes later. It took quite a while to make and cook the pizza... and when it arrived, the bottom was burned. We ate it anyway- thick crust with lots of toppings, and the owner graciously comped us for the burned crust- but time we waited gave us ample opportunity to visit with the owner's wife- a lot of good story telling! The establishment itself is one of the few places in Salina that let the diner feel that you were some place other than Salina... the pizza reminded me Beau Jo's in Idaho Springs, CO and the bar reminded me of the Buckhorn Exchange in Denver.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I love a great pizza just like the next guy but I guess my expectations were too high. We had a small group that went early on a Saturday evening. We had no problems being seated, the restaurant was only 1/4 full. I've heard that reservations are almost always necessary so if you go, plan ahead. They seemed to do a lot of take-out orders while we were there. The place was dark and looked and felt like a saloon out of an old western movie. We were told the only menu option (other than salad) was pizza. Service was adequate and our waitress was friendly and attentive. We did wait a long time however for our pizza. The pizza was good but not great. I've had much better pizza back home so I was a little dissappointed. Plates were styrofoam and tacky. The bill was a little on the pricey side, all considered.

4  Thank Gustavo_Fring
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Reservations are a must at this weekend-pizza place, but the pizza is really worth the effort Very friendly wait staff.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

The Scheme is truly a place for great Pizza. The restaurant is not ADA compliant so that is a moral issue. The interior is very 1960's and western themed. The pizza is excellent. Sandwiches are ok but go for the pizza. Tableware is Styrofoam which is tacky. The service is a bit lacksidaisical but adequate. Somehow takeouts are not as good as eating in. This has been true on a number of visits.
They should consider minor upgrades including even low cost plates and bowls.Eating salad out of Styrofoam was unappetizing.
Drinks are generally good.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

A group of friends and I enjoyed the "Dream" pizza, which was one of the best pizzas I've ever eaten. I was told it had bison or buffalo on it...it was perfectly baked and the ingredients all worked wonderfully together. A great surprise in the middle of Kansas!