“Great BBQ for a change.”

Hog Wild Pit Bar-B-Q
Ranked #18 of 128 Restaurants in Salina
Cuisines: Barbecue
Monument
“Great BBQ for a change.”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Ate here as we were traveling thru Salina. Was a nice surprise. Nice portions and good quality. Was better then the BBQ I have had at some well known places in KC (Bryant's for one). Ribs were tender and juicy. Brisket was also quite good. $20 for two nice dinners.

• Visited September 2013

Haslet, Texas
“Carolina BBQ - Not”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

3 of us had a "Carolina BBQ" sandwich, Fries, and Cobbler here on a trip. The service was quick and the Sandwich was large. We arrive as they were opening for noon and received our order real quick - then noticed place was some nasty - seems someone had mopped the dining & restroom floors with a real dirty mop. The tables were sticky also - The Fries were good and the sandwich was large with lots of meat - the BBQ Sauce is limited to one type - A sweet sauce blend - The BBQ lacked the "Hickory" flavor and smell of Carolina BBQ (maybe they use gas for their "Pit" cooking?) and a more Vinegar based Sauce would have been better - lots better. I personally would not call it Carolina BBQ and it was just O.K. - Not what I hoped for when I saw the sign.

• Visited August 2013
“Very good pulled pork sandwich”
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

I got the large pulled pork sandwich topped with slaw. I ate it open face it was so big. The pork is among the best I've had.

Visited June 2013
Waco, Texas
“Get the ribs and pulled chicken - awesome Kansas City BBQ”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We didn't think the place looked like much from the outside - just a strip mall steel and glass front, but inside the atmosphere was nice, the staff friendly, and the food was really tasty. The service was lightning fast. A 5 might seem extravigant for strip mall barbecue, but it really couldn't have been any better than it was... We are from Texas, and it beat anything local to us.

• Visited June 2013
Luganville, Vanuatu
“It has grown on me”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Hog Wild BBQ is a small, regional, Wichita-based chain. I have only been to the Salina location. It is a counter-service restaurant. The meat is not as well-smoked as I like, but the smokestack sandwich is very good. The curly fries and sweet tea are also very good. My wife would like it a lot better if they had a green vegetable like green beans on their sides menu.

• Visited June 2013

Been to Hog Wild Pit Bar-B-Q? Share your experiences!