“Carolina BBQ - Not”

Hog Wild Pit Bar-B-Q
Ranked #15 of 134 Restaurants in Salina
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed August 24, 2013

3 of us had a "Carolina BBQ" sandwich, Fries, and Cobbler here on a trip. The service was quick and the Sandwich was large. We arrive as they were opening for noon and received our order real quick - then noticed place was some nasty - seems someone had mopped the dining & restroom floors with a real dirty mop. The tables were sticky also - The Fries were good and the sandwich was large with lots of meat - the BBQ Sauce is limited to one type - A sweet sauce blend - The BBQ lacked the "Hickory" flavor and smell of Carolina BBQ (maybe they use gas for their "Pit" cooking?) and a more Vinegar based Sauce would have been better - lots better. I personally would not call it Carolina BBQ and it was just O.K. - Not what I hoped for when I saw the sign.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I got the large pulled pork sandwich topped with slaw. I ate it open face it was so big. The pork is among the best I've had.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We didn't think the place looked like much from the outside - just a strip mall steel and glass front, but inside the atmosphere was nice, the staff friendly, and the food was really tasty. The service was lightning fast. A 5 might seem extravigant for strip mall barbecue, but it really couldn't have been any better than it was... We are from Texas, and it beat anything local to us.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Hog Wild BBQ is a small, regional, Wichita-based chain. I have only been to the Salina location. It is a counter-service restaurant. The meat is not as well-smoked as I like, but the smokestack sandwich is very good. The curly fries and sweet tea are also very good. My wife would like it a lot better if they had a green vegetable like green beans on their sides menu.

Been to Hog Wild Pit Bar-B-Q? Share your experiences!