“Left...immediately.”
Review of Value Inn & Suites

Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #30 of 31 Hotels in Salina
Reviewed October 2, 2013

During our trip,my husband became ill and we stopped at the Salina, Kansas Medical Center for treatment. An ER nurse recommended this motel, stating it had been remodeled with new management, $32 per night. We headed there I went inside to check it out. Behind the counter on the floor was an air conditioner torn apart and debris all over the office floor. The Middle Eastern looking man working the desk was pleasant enough, but the lobby and desk area looked a little rough. The quote he gave me was higher than $32 but I could not really understand him . I said I needed to discuss the room with my husband and left. As we were leaving the parking lot we noticed several males hanging around at the back of the motel. My husband said it looked like they were the local low lifes looking for something to steal. I would not recommend this motel to anyone unless you enjoy this type of atmosphere or you are a glutton for punishment. Although we did not technically stay at this motel, I felt we saw enough to share and warn other travelers. It is a huge waste of time to drive, park and walk into a motel only to discover it is not up to par.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jane B

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The old saying "You get what you paid for" was correct for this location. The room smelled moldy and was not very cleaned. The sink drained slowly. The front desk people were very friendly and helpful. Appears alot of local people stay there at weeks at a time. WIll not go back and would not recommend for families.

Room Tip: Choose somewhere else that costs a little more than this facility.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I needed a place to stay in Kansas off of I-70 and this was one of the cheapest places I could find. The room was clean enough, the shower worked, and the front desk people were friendly. I wouldn't recommend it for a family vacation if you are looking for somewhere with a pool and tons of amenities but it did the job for a stopover point on my road trip.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Trash bags in the halls
Seems like full time residents are staying here
Rooms cleaned are hit n miss with replacement towels ???
Don't forget your soap & shampoo - bar soap provided is the size of your little finger

Seems like the past time is spent sitting outside smoking

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed June 16, 2013

well i book it online because of the location and the pics, they showed me. I am a basketball coach and i took my team to this hotel and the first thing that went wrong was the smell in the main lobby it was bad. Next was when we got to the front desk to check in there was a guy laying on the floor behind the desk clerk drunk passed out with a bad alcohol smell. But i look over that. Next thing was when we got to our rooms which we had 3 of them. My wife and i went in to our room which had a real bad smell to it plus still had trash under the tables plus our sheets wasn't change had stains in it. Next my kids went in to their room and as soon as they open the door the employees that was supposed be cleaning the rooms for us was laying in the bed together kissing on each other instead of cleaning it for us. Next room we had we order a roll out bed for them and when they brought the roll out bed to them the roll out mattress was tron all up and had no sheets on it plus had a bad smell to it. Next thing we saw in one of my kids room was weed left in the bath room on the sink. So i went Back to the front desk and ask for my money back and we left that place. NEVER AGAIN

Room Tip: Knights inn is awesome place to go
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank andra l
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband & I travelled in late night from Missouri due to my father having surgery the next day. We were exhausted & just wanted to shower & go to bed. When we walked in the room right away I knew this place was not going to be comfortable. The carpet looked as if it hasn't been swept in weeks, roach on the wall next to the bed, blood in the bathroom on floor & in tub, mold in bottom of tub, & the smell was horrible!! Unless u absolutely do not have the money to stay somewhere else I say stay away from this motel!! We were there an hour & just couldn't do it!! We paid more for another motel but well worth it to feel safe & clean!! :)

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Kcbomber69
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Horrible! Dirty! Nasty! There was blood all over the bed! I'm not talking old stains, this was a lot of fresh blood on the covers and mattress. Smelled horrible of cigarette smoke even though it was a non smoking hotel. There were holes in the walls that were above the beds n were pretty creepy! The staff was ghetto, dirty and unprofessional. Looks like there haven't been any updates to the room since 1985! The bed was so uncomfortable I would have slept on the floor but it was full of stains! Please just don't stay at this hell hole trying to save $10 like my family did! I wouldn't stay there again if it was free!

• Stayed: May 2013