“Good Food/ Great Service”

Gutierrez Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #47 of 125 Restaurants in Salina
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Denver, Colorado
“Good Food/ Great Service”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The server was great and the food was out fast. It was nice to have something a little homier that a big chain. It was right off the interstate so it was easy to find.

Visited August 2012

Phoenix, Arizona
“Locally-Owned”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

A recent hometown reunion brought several friends and me to what was our favorite Mexican restaurant in the 1970s. This locally-owned restaurant raised the bar for this type of food, introducing Margaritas, ambiance and well-presented "South of the Border" plates to a "steak and potato" town. The relocated restaurant was filled with a lunch-time buffet crowd on a Monday. The ambiance is still unique, the wait-staff are friendly and the food is very good. Avoid the chains and try out this locally restaurant. This was very hard for me to rate...If I had never moved from Salina, I would be rating Gutierrez as a four or five star restaurant. However, I have lived in southern Arizona for the past 15 years, and I am a bit spoiled when it comes to Mexican food.

Visited June 2012
Overland Park, Kansas, USA
“Okay food, prices too high”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I thought I had eaten at Gutierrez many years ago while on business trip. It was at a different location in Salina at that time. Upon arriving recently I was surprised at the prices when we were seated. They had a $9.99 lunch buffet that is reasonable based on the amount of food you can eat if you wish. But otherwise all the entree selections were $10.99 and most were much higher. The food was okay, but nothing stands out at all. The buffet had a good selection of the standards (ground beef, shells, etc.) but after eating it I realized I only did so because the price was more reasonable than ordering off the menu. From what we ate and saw it is pretty much standard fare Mexican/American style. Again, nothing bad but nothing really stood out. I don't think I would eat there again. Service was good. I understand from some that it is a favorite for people in Salina. If that is true, I am not sure why.

Visited July 2012
Kansas
“Quick, Hot Grub!”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

If you want a quick, hot, Mexican meal, check this place out. I think it is a very popular place in town!

Visited August 2011
Edmond, Oklahoma
“Okay Mexican food”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Very nice Mexican atmosphere inside. Quick and attentive service but the food just didn't make the grade. To start with, the salsa tastes like catsup with some relish added. The fajita meat had good flavor but was tough and hidden by the onions and peppers. Nice to visit once but will not return.

• Visited November 2011