“great atmosphere”

Gutierrez Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 130 Restaurants in Salina
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Very quiet and a great place to go for a one and one evening. Only dislikes was the service was a little slow at times.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

A friend of mine came to visit me during my weekend in Salina and we decided to go out to dinner. It was a little late, but my associate was hungry for Mexican and we happened upon Gutierrez. It's location right off I-35 made it convenient and we were NOT disappointed with our choice. Due to our late arrival, there wasn't a host/hostess to greet us as we came into the restaurant, but as we walked into the dining room, a young man greeted us and showed us to a table. The young man who waited on us was professional and excellent in his customer service. We couldn't have been more pleased. From entering the restaurant to his escorting us to the door when we left to thank us for our patronage was above n beyond. He was very attentive during our meal making sure we had everything we needed! I wasn't very hungry so I ordered the Shrimp Pico-it was also EXCELLENT! From the atmosphere to the service, the value and the food, this was an awesome choice! I'd highly recommend this to family and friends!

Reviewed May 1, 2012

We are from Texas so we like mexican food. It might not be as good as the best in Texas but it was good. Service was fast and courteous. The waitress seemed to have alot of tables but the food was served within minutes of placing the order.

Reviewed March 1, 2012

Our family has gone to Gutierrez for years, and- as the out of state relatives- we always eat there whenever we come to Salina. Always, we can count on freshly made ingredients(you can taste it immediately in the salsa), and good interesting combinations of Mexican food. No one ever leaves hungry. I love their keylime pie and manago-avocado salad especially. Chile Rellenos is a favorite, also the carnitias. Their margaritias are various flavors and perfectly made- and service is prompt and attentive. Lots of refills of water, tea or coffee. It is an older decor and in a block-house building- pink no less) but that is because it has been a standard in Salina for a very long time. Eat there because you can trust that you will get good Mexican food at good prices(if you are from a small town this could be considered "upscale" but from larger city background this is a bargain) with good service. What more could you ask for?

Reviewed February 25, 2012

Gutierrez restaurant has a mexican lunch buffet that offers tacos, enchiladas, beans, rice and a wide variety of meat to choice from as well as queso, guacomole and salsa. Everything was fresh and was very good for a buffet. The staff was very nice and attentive and the atmospere was pleasing. I will definately go again.