“One down, one still left?”

Mokas Bakery and Bistro
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Salina
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I believe the one that was opened up in South Salina closed. The downtown one is still going strong. Good for coffee & a nosh or for lunch.

1  Thank ReverendMom
There are newer reviews for Mokas Bakery and Bistro

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I don't go to Mokas often because for some reason I keep forgetting they're in town, but when I do go, I always wonder why I don't visit more often. Their sandwiches and wraps are good, and something different from fast food. They have interesting beverage selections, and all that I've tried are quite good. When my relatives come from St Louis, they go to Mokas for their breakfast burritos, which they say are the best anywhere.

The service can be slow and the portions can be minimal compared to most US restaurants, but the food is good and it isn't as heavy with fat and calories as some restaurants.

1  Thank Seahawkfan12
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stopped in to buy a couple of dozen cookies for some accounts I was to call on. I entered expecting a traditional bakery. I was disaoopinted to see a small selection of pastries, a few cookies and some cheesecake. At 8 AM, I would have expected a larger selection. I ordered 8 each of the peanut butter, oatmeal, and chocolate chip cookies. The bill came to $35. This was the most I have ever paid for cookies! There were a few tables of customers, it appears to be a popular place. I didn't see anyone eating, they were all drinking coffee. I can't offer an opinion of the taste of the cookies, but my local customers were thrilled to receive them.

1  Thank cwalden
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

The service was fine, if not friendly. No one was rude, just not friendly. Ordered the hibiscus ginger margarita and while tasty, not much tequila, if any.

I like that the side options for sandwiches include apple sauce. That's a nice touch. There is nothing special about the apple sauce, infact it is probably from a jar and would be great if was fresh. It is a nice option, though.

I had the portobello panini and it was tasty. A bit heavy on the balsamic vinegar for me but still delicious. I would try something different next time. There is a relatively large menu but it is not a bakery or a bistro. It's just a sandwich/burger/bar/coffee shop. It's good, just doesn't go with the title.

The drink was too expensive for having no tequila in it and too much ice.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

It has been a couple of years, since I have bee in Salina, KS. This place was recommended to me by a client. Sanwhiches, wraps, salads and soup all under $10. Fresh baked items, as well. They now have three different locations in Salina. I ended up at the Crawford Ave Mokas, which has a drive thru and a limited lunch menu. I am not sure, but I think they must have just recently added a lunch menu. The reason I state this is because none of the lunch items had any prices on them. I did know from my previous visits that the cost would be under $10 but it would have been nice to see the cost. It is not as extensive as the Santa Fe address, but you can find something. From all appearances it looks like they catered to the breakfast and coffee patronage, but I suspect is it because the kitchen must be small. I ordered the Chicken salad, which was very good, but it would have been nice to be given a knife to go with the fork, since some of the lettuce pieces are large and needed to be cut. I did have the place to myself for most of my visit. I am surprised by the lack of outlets but I found one for my computer. If you want more options in food and larger space, go to the Santa Fe location, but it was nice to see they are doing well enough to open two more stores.