“Excellent and as expected.”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salina
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Salina
Indiana
“Excellent and as expected.”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Easy access to interstate. Clean and friendly staff as usual at HIE.

No nearby restaurants.

If passing through with kids, go to city-owned waterpark in town (about 2-3 miles). It was less than $20 for whole family to get in. Pools, lazy river, waterslides, etc.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I love Holiday Inn Express and it is one of my preffered brands. This one is nice and newer but had a few points that need corrected. The front desk help does not know how to sell a room to a cash paying customer without putting a hold on a person's credit card. This is just a training issue that needs corrected by management. The water is VERY soft so it takes a while to get the soap off of you after showering or washing hands. The breakfast was a pretty decent breakfast. It is clean and new and right near the highway. The housekeeping knocked on my door loudly and said "housekeeping" about an hour before my checkout. They then say they are just checking to see if I was gone. I think this is very RUDE. I would understand if this was after checkout. But before checkout, she should go ask the front desk if I was gone, not disturb some of the time I paid a modrate amount of money to spend sleeping comfortably to ask me. She, nor any one, should be knocking on my door before checkout unless there is an emergency or I have requested room service or something. This is also just a training issue that can be corrected by management. The bed was slightly firm. This is a non-smoking hotel, and does not offer smoking rooms.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
holidayinnsalinaks, Webmaster at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salina, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salina for your recent stay in our area.

• Management and desk staff received extra training with regards to the check in query.

• The housekeeping staff received additional training in the courteous manner in which you, our valued guest, are to be treated.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salina. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.
Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Pleasant and friendly staff. Nice hotel and room layout. My wife and three children really enjoyed the pool and breakfast bar. The hotel was updated and very clean. I would highly recommend a stay at this location.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 30, 2012

This is one of the fresh new Holiday Inns - or is maintained so well that it looks new. The rooms are large, and ours has a fridge, microwave, a little sink and some disposable plates and cutlery. It's right off I70 with an IHOP next doors.

• Stayed June 2012
Colorado Springs, CO
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,055 helpful votes
Reviewed June 23, 2012

This hotel was very clean, very quiet, and easy to access from I-70. Our room had a frig & micro too. It had no tub, only a shower - which was fine for us. They have very soft water there - if you are not used to soft water, it has a silky feel to it.

Breakfast was the usual Holiday Inn Express fare....plain oatmeal, cinnamon rolls, biscuits & gravy, bacon, powered scrambled eggs, cereal, bread, muffins, yogurt, brown bananas, fresh oranges, milk, juice, etc. They had a pancake machine but it was not working.

I give this hotel a 4 star rating and would definitely stay here again.

I would have given 5 stars except....

The front desk employee was out front smoking when we arrived & made us wait to check in. She also never offered us any of the free snacks or water from the basket. After we went to our room, I returned to the lobby to ask a question and another guest was checking in, she told him to help himself to any of the free snacks and water. We weren't offered this luxury just moments before and when I asked for some, she did tell me I could help myself. But I would not have known that the snacks and water were offered if I hadn't returned to the lobby to ask a question. The snacks included micro popcorn, trail mix, crackers, etc.

There were complimentary cookies across the lobby but they were the tiniest cookies I've ever seen plus there was only 1 flavor on all the trays - oatmeal raisin.

One of the beds in our room was comfortable but the other was soft and saggy.

The pool area needs some ventilation as the chlorine made it hard to breathe.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for free snacks & bottled water from the snack basket upon check in!!!