“Details, details...”
Review of Best Inn Motel

Best Inn Motel
Ranked #17 of 31 Hotels in Salina
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We tried this place based on the Trip Advisor reviews, but were disappointed. They didn't have any double rooms, so we had to pay for two adjoining rooms, both fairly small, but with refrigerator/freezers and microwave ovens. The motel is very clean and recently renovated, tastefully, but they missed some important details. For instance, there are no lamps in either room. The only source of light in either room is a VERY bright, migraine inducing overhead bulb, uncovered, that makes one feel as if they are being interrogated. I tried to call down to the office to request a lamp, but neither room has a telephone. I know land lines are going the way of the dinosaur, but that seems like a basic amenity. When I walked down to the office to request a lamp, I was told they did not have any because there weren't outlets for them. They did eventually go buy a lamp for my room, which I appreciated, but by that time I was thoroughly annoyed and wondering whether I should have stayed across the street instead.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 30, 2013

It does get pretty hot in Kansas which I was glad that the AC works very well. The bed was really nice and comfortable. The room was clean. One of the things that I liked about the room was the TV remote. It was really easy to find because of the size of that big remote. The staff are very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Charles H
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I chose to stay here before my trip to Lindsborg. The queen room is spacious enough for one single person, everything looks clean and neat, though there is a little weird fragrant smell. The staff is friendly and helpful. It's not the cheapest but probably the best value for budgeted travellers! It is very close to the highway and other locations in the town which makes it great.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Excellent rooms staff very friendly great price!! Beds were very nice loved the bedding. Bathroom had plenty of room water was nice and hot. Nice flat screen tv. Plenty of room for all my cloths and shoes!!!! Maid service was very good. They were fast and did a really good job.

Room Tip: All rooms were great
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed in this little inn for a few nights... really cheap rates and not too far from many things in Salina. Saw reviews on this motel, but didn't have any of the issues they mentioned, perhaps they were doing maintanence on a room or something? We found our stay to be great! No problems, the rooms were well kept!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Yes. I will stay again.very good place.very good price.very clean place. Refrigerators, microwaves and new TV. Looks like every thing is new. Where can you fiend room for less then $ 50.00.Comfortable place.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I'm not sure who wrote the positive reviews about this motel, but the recent negative reviews are much closer to the truth. Unfortunately these recent reviews were not posted when I made my reservation---at that time this motel was listed as #1 choice in Salina above Holiday Inn! We made our reservation based on these reviews which was our mistake. This motel is very old--1920's auto court style in the wrong part of town--sitting right on the street, pretty shabby. It is a Mom and Pop very basic operation. $41 per night is really cheap, but it depends on your standards. We spent the first hour killing flies in our room--then noticed we had no security lock on the door and the frig won't work. On the whole, the room is old, basic but fairly clean and comfortable---however woodwork and the carpet need cleaning. But the absolutely WORST thing is the bare bulb in the ceiling--the ONLY light in the room! Not even a bedside light. There is a desk, free wi-fi, small bathroom and king bed. This motel is not charming or quaint and many of the previous reviews are really very misleading. We would not recommend this motel to anyone except guests looking for a really cheap rate who don't care about basic quality.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple