“Pretty good Mexican for the middle of nowhere.”
Review of Cotija's Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

Cotija's Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
San Diego, California
“Pretty good Mexican for the middle of nowhere.”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We were greeted pleasantly and sat immediately. Our server was sweet and attentive throughout. We had a Chicken Chimichanga, Taquito Sampler and Carne Asada. That was between 4 people. It was a LOT of food. The carne was awesome, the chimichanga full of meat and the taquitos crispy and tasty, with really good guacamole accompanying. The green salsa is kind of addictive. The place has a real authentic look. it was really, really good. The only reason I did not go 5 stars is that the beans were like concrete. I like mine smooth and creamy. The red salsa tasted a little canned. Other than that, we were pleasantly surprised and really enjoyed our dinner in Salina, KS.

• Visited July 2013

Pratt, KS
“Okay Mexican food.”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Ate here with a group. They have a nice menu to select from. The food was okay, but nothing spectacular. I had enchiladas and a tamale. They certainly give you plenty to eat and great service.

Visited April 2013
Salina, Kansas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Mexican”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is my husband's favorite Mexican place in Salina. Food is great. 3 different salsas are served with the chips. Our favorite meal is the enchiladas. My kids like the rice which has different veggies in it. We leave full, and it doesn't break the bank. I only rated it 4 instead of 5 just because a few times our waitress has been no where in sight when needing something (extra plate, refill, etc.) but usually they are great.

• Visited April 2013
Manhattan, Kansas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Passing through Salina, nice to change things up”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

My boyfriend and I passed through Salina and stopped at Cotija's on recommendation from a few foodie sites. I wasn't entirely disappointed though I was by no means blown away. They start you with three different salsas and that was an interesting change. We got the fajitas and they were fine, not great, but very edible.
The service was great. I like more of the European style of waiting: wait staff stay away unless I motion or it's apparent that we're in need of refills. The staff was pleasant, professional and didn't waste time trying to chat us up.
As far as Kansas Mexican food goes, this is about average. I'm a picky Texan and I've grown up eating great TexMex my whole life— this food does not compare at all. But for Kansas it'll do.

• Visited January 2013
“Poor service.”
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

On my last visit I was extremely disappointed with the service. It took ten minutes to get a drink order. Even longer for a food order. And the food took forever to come out. The food chips etc are all decent but it's not worth the miserable wait times.