“A great place to stay”

Red Carpet Inn & Suites
Ranked #26 of 31 Hotels in Salina
“A great place to stay”
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

At first I was hesitant to stay because of the reviews but I decided to give it a chance anyway and I'm glad I did!! The young lady at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. The room was very clean and the bed was really comfortable. I do a lot of traveling and had finally got a good nights rest!! The pool was relaxing after a hard days work. The breakfast was great it really helped me start my day to the long drive I had ahead of me. I will be staying here everytime I have to pass through salina now. After staying here I'm not sure how truthful these other reviews are.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Serena0413

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 16, 2013

While our room door did lock, the doors that were designed to keep non-patrons out of the corridor did NOT lock. Noisy, with some partying going on below us. Floors were dirty. Service was average. If you can spend another $20 I would recommend going to another hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Salina hotels

Dallas
Reviewed July 7, 2013

There's something odd about this place. It's just down the street from busy truckstops, gas stations, a Motel 6 and La Quinta, but it's not busy. This property is in between two closed businesses - a restaurant and another motel. There is a wooden fence between the Howard Johnson's and the abandoned motel, but since the parking lot is shared, you still see it.

I didn't feel safe parking my vehicle overnight, but had to. Also, there was a feel of 'extended stay' or long-term residence to the place. People had pulled their room chairs outside of their rooms, there were children's swing set and play equipment by the pool. The place didn't seem right.

My room was cleanish - grease stained duvet cover, bathroom floor had some trash on it, there were no cups and although there was a coffee maker with coffee packets, there was no carafe for brewing. Continental breakfast was just cereal and a waffle maker, I didn't bother.

I wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: I would find someplace else to stay.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank DalTexN
Travelers also viewed these Salina hotels
Days Inn Salina I-70
Days Inn Salina South
#12 of 31 in Salina
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salina
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Salina

Been to Red Carpet Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Red Carpet Inn & Suites

Property: Red Carpet Inn & Suites
Address: 222 E Diamond Dr, Salina, KS 67401-8624 (Formerly Knights Inn Salina/Howard Johnson Inn Salina Kansas)
Location: United States > Kansas > Salina
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #26 of 31 Hotels in Salina
Hotel Class:2 star — Red Carpet Inn & Suites 2*
Newly renovated. Free local calls. Quick access to I-70. Pets allowed with a 10 USD charge per pet. Complimentary continental breakfast along with Hot waffles. Free parking. 24 hour Front Desk. RV or truck parking. Television with HBO, CNN and ESPN. Refrigerators available upon request. Whether for business or pleasure, Howard Johnson Inn Salina, Kansas can meet all your needs with our 52 spacious guest rooms that offer: Amenities• Free high speed internet access• All guest rooms equipped with hair dryer, clock radios, in room safes, iron and ironing board and in room coffee.• 27" TV and expanded premium movie channel• Sol Terre shower experience includes a curved shower rod for more elbow room, six function shower head and Sol Terre premium bath amenities• Free USA Today newspaper• Free continental Breakfast along with Hot waffles• Kids under 12 stay free• Outdoor pool• Truck parking• Jacuzzi suite available• Play ground area for children of all ages. Extended stays welcome. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Red Carpet Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.