“Stuck in Salina” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Salina
Kansas City, Missouri
“Stuck in Salina”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Due to some car problems, we were stuck in Salina over 4th of July. The staff did an excellent job of making us feel at home and helped us make the best of our situation. Thanks Comfort Suites Salina!

• 4 of 5 stars
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Shelley D, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your experience at Comfort Suites in Salina, Kansas. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and that you felt at home. We strive to make sure all of our guests feel welcome and at home during their stay with us. Again, thank you and we will see you the next time you are in our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Pinehurst, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I was expecting a regular "CI" expereince but it took one thing to make this stay a bust. Even though the front desk host was extremely friendly and helpful, the bathroom and bedroom was clean and comfortable, the A/C unit was horribly loud and musty. I must have spent 30 minutes tracking down the cause of the small and finally, with certainty, can I state the smell was coming from the unit while the compressor was running. Did I mention the noise? I read some of the other reviews and that's why I decided to stay here but brother, it took just one thing to make this stay just average.

• 4 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank TOM A
I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I'm sorry that your air conditioning unit had a musty smell and was noisy. I will visit with maintenance so that they can get this checked out and worked on. I'm very glad to hear that the rest of your stay was a good experience. Again, thank you for the feedback and I hope you will give us another chance to provide you with a great stay rather than just an average one.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Checked in late after a long day of driving and went straight to bed. The bed and linens were amazing! Slept great! Quiet. Cold Air conditioning. Well maintained property. Staff very helpful and friendly. Can't comment on the continental breakfast, slept right through breakfast. Got a great rate on this property booking last minute.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Shelley D, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for writing a review regarding your stay at Comfort Suites. It's nice to know that you enjoyed our beds, linen as well as your rate. I'm sorry that you slept through breakfast as we do provide a fantastic breakfast every morning. The next time you are in our area and stay with us, hopefully you will be able to partake in our wonderful breakfast. Thanks again for the 5 out of 5 review!
hopefully
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We booked one night thinking we'd stay and continue on home from our vacation. We got to our room and were so comfortable that we decided we'd stay another night to relax and rest! The breakfast area was very clean and well kept. The attendant kept all the food stocked and in order. The desk clerk was also helpful in directing us to the restaurants close by.

The lobby was large and had several sofas. They even greet you with ice tea and pretzels.

This hotel was a pleasant surprise!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review regarding your experience at Comfort Suites in Salina. I'm glad to know that you were given excellent customer service during your stay and appreciated the amenities we offer at check in. My staff and I truly appreciate our guests feedback and will use this information to make sure that every guest has a great experience while staying with us. Again, thank you and we will see you the next time you are in our area.
San Antonio TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We booked one night thinking we'd stay and continue on home from our vacation. We got to our room and were so comfortable that we decided we'd stay another night to relax and rest! The breakfast area was very clean and well kept. The attendant kept all the food stocked and in order. The desk clerk was helpful on directing us to the restaurants close by (there was even a Target and Walmart).

We were so pleasantly surprised to find this wonderful hotel that was clean, comfortable, and right off the highway! Would certainly stay again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your experience at Comfort Suites. It's nice to know that you enjoyed your stay enough that you stayed another night with us. My staff and I strive on great customer service as well as cleanliness. Our breakfast attendant really does a good job at making our guests feel at home and welcome as well. Again, thank you for the review and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit through Salina.
Great Bned, Ks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

It is a beautiful hotel and the staff was excellent. Breakfast was great. Enjoyed our stay.I really like the ice tea that you had siting out because it was a very hot week-end. Thank You. Also the pretzels was really nice.

Room Tip: I wish you had a hot tub
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 stars
I appreciate you taking time out of your day to write a review regarding your stay. I'm glad to know that you received great customer service as well as enjoying our breakfast. We try to make sure that we have ice tea out with the pretzels everyday so when our guests arrive - there is something cold for them to drink. Again, thank you for the feedback and we will see you the next time you are in Salina.
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

1) There are just a few inches on one side of the king bed and less on the side with the air conditioner! The room is large enough for a sitting area but the area around the bed is truly tiny.
2) Carpet tack in my foot - sticking up just before the bathroom door. I hope they fixed it! I reported it but the desk manager seemed mildly interested even after asking for alcohol and a band-aid. I then asked for an incident report so they would be compelled to fix it but he still appeared to be disinterested.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank beannie7
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay. I'm sorry that there was a tack sticking out of the carpet and that you hurt your foot as a result. You stated that the front desk manager didn't seem interested but I want you to know that he was very concerned because as soon as you left, he came and reported it to me and went up and got it taken care of himself versus asking the maintenance to take care of it. Again, I'm very sorry that your foot was injured and hope that this will not deter you from staying with us again. My staff and I strive to provide excellent customer service and I'm very sorry that you didn't feel that you received that.