“not a single complaint!”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Salina
mechanicsville, MD
“not a single complaint!”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

4-day road trip and this was our first night's stay - absolutely no complaints - the room (double queen - 3rd floor) was spacious, well-appointed, and well-maintained. Breakfast was abundant and served hot-a good way to start another day on the road!

Kudos to the manager and staff!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
KC
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I have stayed at this property 3 times, and am now staying in another property as I write this. The first time I stayed the desk clerk was rather rude. She was harried and busy, but not polite and nice. THe last 2 times, the staff was fine, but the rooms are dirty. All the linens are wrinkled, Even the laundry bag was wrinkled! I actually had to check to make sure no one had already slept on my bed! There was something on the light switches, Jelly? on the comforter, the remote had something between the keys. There were cobwebs in the corners. I have stayed at the same owners other properties and am pleased in general, but i think they could use some new maids at this one.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Shelley D, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write an evaluation of the hotel. I would like to apologize on behalf of my team for failing to exceed your expectations. I'm sorry that your room wasn't cleaned properly and the sheets were wrinkled. I will visit with my housekeeping as well as the laundry department and voice your concerns. I always appreciate feedback from guests as we can not improve or correct without our guests' feedback. Again, I'm very sorry and I hope that this will not deter you from coming back so that we can show you the exceptional service we do have!!
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed at the hotel the first time a couple of years ago, when it was about a year old. This is one of the more modern Comfort Suites that have been cropping up around a variety of places in the Midwest. Comfort Suites are similar to Hamptons Suites, SpringHill Suites (Marriott) that business rclass ange of hotels. Each room includes a sitting area with the beds, at a better price than than the Hilton or Marriott properties. Tonight I am staying in a pillow top King suite for about $80 a night, you cannot beat the price. Ok granted it is February, so there are bargins to be had. But the area is quiet and not far from restaurants or gas, which is on the other side of the interstate. As a business traveler it meets my needs and I get a nice room to stretch out in.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Shelley D, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Carol,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. My staff and I really strive on providing excellent customer service as well as trying to make every guests stay comfortable. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope that the next time you are in Salina, you'll come back and see us. Again, thank you for choosing Comfort Suites for your sleeping room needs and we hope to see you soon.
Houston, TX
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

I enjoy traveling; however, I spend most of my time in a hotel. As a result, my preference is nice hotels where u can relax comfortably. Visiting my little brother in Salina, and I decided to stay due to the reviews and the fact that the manager responded to each review which I thought was wonderful. When we came in last night, the gentleman was pleasant, and helpful, and I was ready to leave a note for the manager expressing my kind regards. We left the hotel this morning around 10:50, and just returned, 3:19, and our room isn't clean. I went downstairs to express my concerns, and there was no one @ the front desk. When Lacey came in she was on the phone and all I could smell was smoke. I mentioned our room wasn't clean, and after I told her the room number, she advised the sheet said it was. She stated housekeeping was gone for the day & what did I need, some new towels? I stated I need my room cleaned. She said someone is coming later.

I refuse to let this ruin the rest of my stay; however, note the expectation for service was not met by Lacey.

I would have:
1. Apologized for the inconvenienceogize.

2. Advised housekeeping has left for the day, & unfortunately since I am here by myself I can nit come up.
3. However, as soon as someone arrives I will personally come up and clean it myself.
4. In the meantime is there something I can provide until then, maybe some fresh towels, or u can collect the trash.
5. Once again I do apologize.

That's customer service @ its finest, and that's what I expected.

• Stayed January 2013
Shelley D, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
WeLoveto Travel73,

First off, thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor regarding Comfort Suites. I'm very sorry for the trouble you had regarding your guest room being cleaned and how you felt when expressing your concerns to the front desk clerk. I strive on my staff and I having excellent customer service with our guests and am very sorry that you didn't feel this happened. Due to the problems that you had - you were given a significant reimbursement for that night's stay. I'm hoping that everything else with your stay went well and that this will not deter you from staying with Comfort Suites again if you are ever in this area. Again, thank you for your feedback and I'm very sorry for the inconveniences.
Corinth, Texas, United States
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stopped here to split up a road trip from Colorado to Texas. The room was a perfect size for us (me, wife, and triplets). We had two queen beds and the pull out couch. One issue we had when entering the room was the room temperature. It was probably 90 degrees or more in the room when we walked in. The wall thermostat wasn't working and the window unit said it was set to heat at 70 degrees, but it was blasting heat. We had to turn on the A/C for awhile to make it comfortable, then it got cold at night. Beds were comfortable, pillows were too small and soft for my taste. Location was good. We missed out on breakfast as we slept too long :) But I would stay there again to help split up a long road trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Shelley D, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Chris,

Thanks so much for choosing Comfort Suites for your sleeping room needs. I'm glad that you, your wife and triplets enjoyed your stay other than the temperature of the room. I'm sorry that the temperature was unable to be regulated very well. I'll have my maintenance man check that unit to see what is going on. I want to personally say thank you for taking the time to write a review and next time you are coming through Salina - stop by and stay for the night!!
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I got my Dad a room here while he was in town visiting over Christmas and I can't tell you how pleased I was with our stay! We had a suite and it was beautiful but the bathroom was my favorite. Very classy, clean, fresh set up. My Dad enjoyed the breakfast. There was coffee and tea in the lobby to drink and the front desk was very welcoming and nice. The price was really great also! I would stay here again and recommend this hotel to anyone that needs a hotel in Salina Kansas.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
V.P.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and will recommend Comfort Suites. My staff and I really strive to make our guests feel comfortable. The housekeeping department will be glad to hear that the bathroom was clean and fresh. They really try to make sure that everything is clean and fresh in the rooms. Thank you for taking the time to write a response on Trip Advisor and also for choosing Comfort Suites for your hotel needs.
Grand Junction
Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

New hotel (3 years old maybe) and very nice. Rooms are large and beds were very comfortable. Pool was great for kids! If you are not leaving room until noon or so make sure you request your room to be made up--we came home at night and all three of our rooms hadn't been cleaned--housekeeping must leave early. But staff was nice enough to bring us clean towels. Would highly recommend.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Elenaco,

Thanks so much for coming onto Trip Advisor and writing a review. I'm sorry that your rooms didn't get cleaned as stay overs though. If the housekeepers don't have a lot of rooms - they are gone pretty early in the day. Again, I'm sorry about them not getting cleaned. I'm glad that my front desk clerk took care of the things you did need. Hopefully this won't deter you from staying with us again. Thank you again for choosing Comfort Suites for your sleeping room needs.