“Enjoyable Holiday in Salina”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #19 of 31 Hotels in Salina
Wichita, Kansas
“Enjoyable Holiday in Salina”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Really nice hotel for a weekend (Memorial Day) in Salina with wonderful hospitality by a friendly and accommodating staff. The breakfast was not extravagant but certainly adequate having both hot and cold items and all were kept fresh and well-stocked throughout each morning (thanks April!). Check-in and check-out were effortless and the Mgr., Vincent did an amazing job of making us feel welcome. We had the Jacuzzi suite which was roomy and clean. They welcome dogs and have a nice bit of grassy area for them to exercise. Location is perfect, only a few minute drive down 9th street to major shopping retailers and restaurants. Not to miss restaurant recommendations: Matinelli's Little Italy (if it's a show night at the Stiefel do MAKE a reservation!); Hickory Hut barbeque (probably the best in the state of Kansas); Daimaru Steakhouse for hibachi style cooking (we sat in the quiet part of the dining room and were served the same meal without the hibachi grill and it was Fabulous! Will stay at the Sleep Inn on our next visit to Salina.

Room Tip: The jacuzzi suite was spacious and because it is on the 1st floor and at the end of the hotel it all...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Paid for a suite for 2 kids and two adults with two beds. We got one with a pull out sofa and king that was hot, dirty, and smelled. Tried to change rooms but none were available. No bedding for the pull out . Two towels for 4 of us, one lotion, no shampoo or conditioner. Stains all over carpets throughout hotel. Breakfast bar was fine, employee working Buffett was sloppy unprofessional and rude in a dirty t-shirt and blue jeans. Wouldn't touch the pool.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Shannon S

Travelers are raving about these Salina hotels

Reviewed April 19, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel a few weeks ago on my way back home and I have got to say that this hotel is great! I ordered a single king room which doesn't come with many amenities but just what I needed. This hotel is one hotel out of 3 that I have stayed at on my week long trip and this is the only hotel with a decent internet connection. For those of you traveling for business, this will be a great hotel to stay at. The room comes with basic things like a flat screen tv, decaf and non-decaf coffee and tea, 2 bars of soap, lots of towels, shampoo, conditioner, mini fridge, microwave, and is positioned around some fast food restaurants and a few other eateries. Next time I travel to the east coast, I will definitely be staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 201 in case those of you staying here want a good room.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Vinnie L, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete this online review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Vincent Lyman
Front Desk Manager
Sleep Inn and Suites
(785) 404-6777
Kansas
Reviewed April 17, 2014

There are definitely better places to stay in the area for the same money. Chipped bathtub, walls needed painted, really outdated. Won't make the mistake of staying at this motel again. Disappointed, this chain is usually higher quality but not this particular motel!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Lacygne, Ks
Reviewed January 1, 2014

This hotel has a lot going for it but.... let's do the positives first. Although the location is fairly far out of town, that has it's advantages such as quietness. It is relatively new and has nice touches like granite counters in the bathroom and tile walls in the tub. Microwave and fridge in the room. The continental breakfast, while it won't knock your socks off, is good. Staff is friendly. Now the down side-it had snowed a week before we were there and the parking lot was absolutely horrendous. Yes, there was a lot of snow but other businesses had managed. When we returned to the hotel after checking in and going to visit our family, we could barely walk from the car to the hotel. It was a sheet of ice and I was very afraid of falling. We told the woman at the desk and she said they had someone clean it but they hadn't done a good job. No sh**, Sherlock-hire someone else! It was cold overnight so was the same way in the morning when we left. While our room overall was clean they need to vacuum under the tables, etc. There was a toe nail clipping by the bed that I could see and it was there all the time we were. Disgusting.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Lawrence, Kansas
Reviewed November 18, 2013

This is by no means the fanciest hotel I have ever stayed in, but for just a good-value place to sleep, I have returned here often. It is relatively new, clean, has an indoor pool and hot tub, and a small fitness room. Breakfast includes a few hot offerings and a waffle maker. People at the front desk have always been friendly and helpful. There is no restaurant on site, but several good ones within a mile.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Norfolk, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on October 4, 2013. Upon my return home, I discovered I had left a book there. I called them right away and yes, they had my book. Well, today is October 28, 2013 and they STILL have my book. A credit card number was provided for them to send my book back to me. I STILL have not received it. In my communications with them, I was told they took it the UPS store in Salina. In speaking with UPS, I was told that the Sleep Inn had not mailed anything since August. Someone is being very dishonest here. When I call, I am told that my book should be arriving any day. I am so angry about this. The next step is that I am going to buy myself a new copy of the book and send the bill to the hotel for reimbursement.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family