“Could be really good”

Ranked #21 of 31 Hotels in Salina
Lacygne, Ks
“Could be really good”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

This hotel has a lot going for it but.... let's do the positives first. Although the location is fairly far out of town, that has it's advantages such as quietness. It is relatively new and has nice touches like granite counters in the bathroom and tile walls in the tub. Microwave and fridge in the room. The continental breakfast, while it won't knock your socks off, is good. Staff is friendly. Now the down side-it had snowed a week before we were there and the parking lot was absolutely horrendous. Yes, there was a lot of snow but other businesses had managed. When we returned to the hotel after checking in and going to visit our family, we could barely walk from the car to the hotel. It was a sheet of ice and I was very afraid of falling. We told the woman at the desk and she said they had someone clean it but they hadn't done a good job. No sh**, Sherlock-hire someone else! It was cold overnight so was the same way in the morning when we left. While our room overall was clean they need to vacuum under the tables, etc. There was a toe nail clipping by the bed that I could see and it was there all the time we were. Disgusting.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Lawrence, Kansas
Reviewed November 18, 2013

This is by no means the fanciest hotel I have ever stayed in, but for just a good-value place to sleep, I have returned here often. It is relatively new, clean, has an indoor pool and hot tub, and a small fitness room. Breakfast includes a few hot offerings and a waffle maker. People at the front desk have always been friendly and helpful. There is no restaurant on site, but several good ones within a mile.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Norfolk, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on October 4, 2013. Upon my return home, I discovered I had left a book there. I called them right away and yes, they had my book. Well, today is October 28, 2013 and they STILL have my book. A credit card number was provided for them to send my book back to me. I STILL have not received it. In my communications with them, I was told they took it the UPS store in Salina. In speaking with UPS, I was told that the Sleep Inn had not mailed anything since August. Someone is being very dishonest here. When I call, I am told that my book should be arriving any day. I am so angry about this. The next step is that I am going to buy myself a new copy of the book and send the bill to the hotel for reimbursement.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Salina hotels

New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This is a newer hotel off I-135 in Salina. The room was extremely clean and decorated beautifully. Great bed. Good TV although channels were not as advertised in the welcome book. Had a nice big shower instead of a bath/shower which we loved. Staff was very friendly. Breakfast was supposed to begin at :30 am but was not ready until 6:45/6:50 am. It appeared the night clerk looked like she just woke up and was late. No orange juice in container. Hot water for tea was not hot. Staff who put out the food was very, very unfriendly.

Room Tip: Try this one because it was nice.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2013

This is the second time I've stayed here where the lack of hot water went unresolved. Cheap but you don't get what you don't pay for. Also be aware that there are a ton of animals all the time so if you don't like living with pet dander then this is not your place.

• Stayed October 2013
Norton, Kansas, United States
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This may be the most poorly run hotel at which I've ever stayed. I booked a room with a hot tub for a weekend with my wife. When we arrived at the hotel, my registration was already completed for me and the keys were waiting for me. However this was not a sign of good things to come. We took the keys to our assigned room and tried to open the door. That's when we found that someone else was already in the room. It is terribly embarrassing to just walk into someone's hotel room and the people in the room could not have been happy either. The hotel eventually found us another room. Of course with no hot tub. I spoke with the manager the next morning and she assured me that the room we originally booked would be cleaned very soon and that they would call us and let us know when we could move. No apologies for the fiasco when we checked in. We went to breakfast and came back but the room wasn't ready. We did some shopping and ate lunch. Came back after 1 and the room still wasn't ready. We sat in the room we had been given until 4 when I went back to front desk and was told that our original room was now clean and that they would have called us but they had been busy. We moved our belongings and turned on the water for our long awaited soak in the hot tub. And we found... NO HOT WATER! We were given multiple explanations and excuses and told that the problem may have been our fault because we didn't let it run long enough. Ultimately there was never any hot water Even after the woman at the desk consulted with the manager, the only solution seemed for her to keep hitting the reset button. When we checked out the next morning the manager seemed surprised that there was no hot water. She reduced the bill to the regular room rate rather than the rate of the hot tub room, but there was no consideration of further discounts or any interest in making things right for such a miserable stay. Like the previous review. If I could give a score lower than 1, I would gladly do so.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hazelwood, Missouri
Reviewed August 24, 2013

The hotel is very remote, but close to the newest part of Salina. The room was comfortable, the bed provided a good nights rest and the bathroom facilities were good. The continental breakfast was good and adequate. The workers were friendly and made sure your stay was a good one.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo