“HORRABLE WILL NEVER GO BACK”
Review of Dusty Farmer Motel

Dusty Farmer Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saint Francis
Dusty Farmer Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Saint Francis
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I stayed in room 27 on Tuesday remember me I hope you read this and get a clue. The room was not clean the sheets were gritty from the last person that stayed in this room. Did you ever think of washing them every once in a while. had issues with electric outlet. The towels were the size of tea towels. they were stained, and in horrable shape. I read some of the reviews before Idecided to write this one. Did not see bugs but did not know to look, floor was "OK" no ripples but i agree with the nasty things and the shop rag comment. My elderly father went to get some breakfast outside the motel because the restaurant on the proerty was not in operation, I'm sure it has something to do with the way the place is clean. I was getting out of shower and the woman came in the room and started yelling "no smoking, no smoking " as the last reviews said in broking english. I told her in broken english to mock her "no knockee, no knockee" and to get out untill i got dressed. Very rude woman. All the other motels in town were full and I was the only car in this motels parking lot. I will never go back and I understand why no one else would stay. As far as the last review come on were you sleeping with the old lady or what. Iam sure she was the only one that had empty rooms because everyone else was full. HORRABLE PERSON HORRABLE PLACE!

Room Tip: well dont chose 27
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank dennis g

Reviewed November 23, 2013

I read the other two reviews and was worried but found the total opposite. I asked to see a room, which the lady gladly showed. I compared all the motels before deciding on where to stay for the night and chose Dusty since they had the cleanest room. The towels were like new and I did not see any black bugs. I stayed in room 23.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I had some of the same issues as the last review. However, the water was hot, real hot. There were 2 of us hunting, we stayed one night and had to go elsewhere, We each got one towel and it was a rag, dusty and drafty yes looked for the bugs after we read the review. We put everything in plastic bags and got them washed as well as us. We stayed in room 31. When I walked in the door about the 3rd time I tripped on the wavy rippled floor and fell. I am still sore 3 days later. The staff was one person and spoke broken english. The Restaurant on the property was closed no suprise there.We decided we could do better elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 20, 2013

WELL IT WAS CLOSE TO HIGHWAY, old windows let more wind and dust in, stayed in room 21, beware floor is ripply and you could fall through. had to unplug outlets to plug my stuff in, no hot water, little black buggs in the sheets, i have better shop rags than they have for towels. bed was dusty. i guess that is why it is called the dusty farmer. you sleep in an old dusty barn. WE COULD NOT SLEEP. EVEN AFTER TRROWING SEETS ON THE FLOOR. we requested a refund to go elsewhere then the foreign lady could not understand english.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank auston w
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Really happy with this place. Make sure you get your picture taken near the sign ! Room was very, very clean. Staff was nice. Very hot water right away, free wifi, spacious room, etc, etc. I would definately stay here again. Price was extremely good as well.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank MP5689
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Dusty Farmer Motel is right on US highway 36. If you are taking the scenic route through US Hwy 36 and want to rest Dusty Farmer Motel is great. The motel is really clean with comfortable beds. They even have free wifi at the motel for their guests, just ask the front desk for the password. Before hitting the road you can grab a cup of coffee for FREE at the office (free is always good). Most importantly the rooms are CLEAN which is something you can't find at a lot of places.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank naturesroad
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Great choice for a quick overnight stay if you're traveling on US-36 thru northern Kansas. Super clean, free coffee in the morning, right on the highway. Good water pressure, comfy beds. Walking/biking distance to hisoric downtown area, Java coffeeshop there (with wifi). Owner Anngi Hwang very accommodating with late departure!

Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
16  Thank KCTraveler50Plus

Been to Dusty Farmer Motel? Share your experiences!