“EXCELLENT !!!”

El Canelo Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Sabetha
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed December 2, 2013

While waiting for my To-Go order I couldn't help but notice how great the food looked that was being served & how much the customers were enjoying it ~ I actually apologized to one lady for practically staring at her because her while she ate her meal because it looked so good & she smiled & said, "It is!" I ordered the Camarones Soup - mex veggie soup w/shrimp, and it was fantastic. Wish they were open for breakfast 'cuz I'm sure they'd make an amazing breakfast burrito!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stopped here by chance on our way back from Iowa to Wichita. Very authentic Mexican food. Best chile verde I had in a long time. Will definitely stop again if I get by that way. As to the reviewer who complained of not enough "sear" to the food, I spoke with the manager. They keep the food on the milder side but will make it as hot as you wish. Catering to MOR American tastes I suspect. Don't drive by this roadside find! Alto e comida!

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Great service and very tasty. Prices are reasonable. Very clean and accomodating. Is very popular among the local population. Offers a diet plate called "lean and green", not usually found in Mexican restaurants.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

This restaurant has wonderful Mexican food! i love it! if you live in Sabetha Kansas come down to El Conelo Mexican Restauront and grab a bite! :)

Reviewed April 29, 2012

Has to be some of the best Mexican Food I've ever eaten. Wait staff was friendly and helpful.