“you get what you pay for”
Review of Days Inn Russell

Days Inn Russell
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Russell
belton, mo
“you get what you pay for”
Reviewed June 4, 2009

We got this room for about $60 (taxes included). The A/C didn't work. We got in really late and the owners wife was working and didn't say anything to us. The place had a nasty stench to it. The next morning the breakfast was decent. small selection but good do it yourself waffles. This place was cheaper than anywhere in Hays and surrounding area. Right off the highway

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alexgingles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Loveland, Colorado
Reviewed September 28, 2008

We were traveling to Missouri and needed somewhere to stop and catch a few hours sleep. We also needed somewhere that accepted dogs. This is not somewhere I would want to stay for an extended period or for a vacation but it served its purpose and would definatly stay here again if it was on our route of traveling on a road trip.

• Liked — Right off Interstate, accepted dogs
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank Strongs
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed September 25, 2007

My second stay at this Day's Inn per distance I was traveling and Russell is an easy off and easy on for I 70. An average hotel.
Some wear but still comfortable. A limited breakfast but there is also a nice restuarant across the road. Staff pleasant and helpful.

Stayed September 2007
Reviewed January 10, 2004

Days Inn falsely quoted us a price on rooms. We were to arrive on a Monday and stay thru Friday. My father passed away and we had several rooms reserved. Upon arriving the prices had changed by almost $10.00 per room. When I brought this to the managers attention I was basically told "tough". We were told we could go next door but we would still be charged for the days of our reservation as they had not been cancelled within 24 hrs. notice. This put an added stress on us that was not needed at the time of our fathers death. Some of the family members went to another motel and were more than pleased with their experience.
Please, be cautious of this motel and its management. John & Lois

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
sukhmani, Manager at Days Inn Russell, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Guest
I am sorry you encountered a problem during your stay here. We are under new ownership now and have completely renovated the property. I hope you will give us a chance again and will stop by and stay at our property again.

Travelers are raving about these Russell hotels

Reviewed November 27, 2003

When checking into a motel I have always been greeted with a smile and a kind word, until my wife and I stayed at Days Inn in Russell, Ks..
The lady working the desk acted like it was a problem for her to get us a room. It was late at night and all we wanted was to go to a nice clean room for the night. The lady just kept sitting down, she never once got up to help us. I finally asked her if anyone was working the desk. (No way was this person working from her attitude) she finally got up making the remark that she had just gotten comfortable. When she quoted me the price I made the comment I thought they would be a little cheaper. At that time I was told if I didn't like it I could go some place else. that was it, we did just that. Right next door to the Super 8 where we were treated with kindness from everyone we encountered in that hotel. The manager even called a local vet for us to bed our horses down for the night, we had a trailer of 6 horses that had been on the move all day. Due to the shabbiness of the help at Days Inn we will never stay at another one again. Jack and Beverly W.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 18, 2003

talk about a motel that can kiss my ***! The manager is the rudest person i have ever run across. The building stinks with a stench of dead. They wouldn't honor my reservation saying i didn't have one. I went next door to the Super 8 Hotel. Russell can be proud of this hotel, everyone from the desk clerks to the manager and housekeepers were more than friendly, fun and curteous. thank you Super 8 for making my stay a good one. You are now a regular stay for me.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear Guest
Also consider these accommodations in or near Russell
Fossil Creek Hotel
#12 of 13 in Hays
Motel 6 Hays
Motel 6 Hays
#13 of 13 in Hays

Been to Days Inn Russell? Share your experiences!