“No frills but nice hotel”
Review of Days Inn Russell

Days Inn Russell
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Russell
Reviewed November 13, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
sukhmani, Manager at Days Inn Russell, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2015

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Russell

Reviewed October 23, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Reviewed August 18, 2012

I stayed at this Days Inn on August 4 - 5, 2012.. I booked on-line at Wyndham Rewards.

I was leary of staying here, after having a very bad experience the night before at a Days Inn in Wichita, KS. I must say, I was pleasantly pleased.

I was greeted by name upon my late arrival (I was probably the last one to arrive). I had a room on the ground floor, and everything was in working order.

The bed was extremely comfortable, with plenty of good pillows. Refridgerator and microwave in the room both were clean. The airconditioner worked perfectly!

The lighting was good, but could have been better near the area where you hang clothes.

The bathroom was ok.

Upon checkout, everything was great. I would stay here again when passing through the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest
Thank you for enjoying your stay. We hope you liked the rooms and other hotel facilities.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Cockroaches.. I will try and post the pictures.. I found one live as it scampered from under the fridge and a dead one behind the desk in full (dead) view.. A bit grungy but I usually stay in better hotels. May treat myself to the brown palace. In. Denver tomorrow. Bugs do happen .. Mgr might try and do a spray or fog of all the rooms at one time as I betcha they are throughout, yeck. I wonder if I get a refund, or if these are reviewed by mgt

Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
sukhmani, Manager at Days Inn Russell, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Dear Guest.
After you checked out we received a surprise inspection from the health department. They inspected the rooms at random in the entire property. I can proudly say they gave us a clean bill of health with no issues or problems at our property.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

On a long road trip we stopped in Salina only to find no rooms except at crazy prices because there was a festival going on. So back on the road, next stop Russell. The storm was wind like I've never seen driving. The Days Inn had rooms and the price was under $70. A bit high we thought but we were ready to stop. The bed and pillows were great, very comfortable. The room had a little fridge and nice flat screen TV with a good picture. Bathroom was clean and properly equipped. The breakfast was typical motel fare plus make your own waffles. Wind speed was 36MPH steady when we left in the morning and didn't slow down until we got to Colorado Springs.

Room Tip: Decent restaurant across the road, Meridy's.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 23, 2011

Days Inn Russell met all my expectations for a quick stopover in the heartland. Internet worked fine. Breakfast was great. Service was willing and accomodating, though the cleaning team was parked in guest parking places. Beds were soft and comfortable. Pets were welcome and all was in order. Hotel is located right off I70, near to gas and food, and plenty of room to let a dog run. They have various discounts available for govt, clubs, associations, etc. Just ask.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank brian P
sukhmani, Manager at Days Inn Russell, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

thankyou for staying at days inn russell ks .please help us how you will recommend us for beds and carpet we put new beds simmons pillowtop mattresses and new carpet last year in jan 2011.

Reviewed July 18, 2011

when we went in the employee was nice, but he was from an other country and it was somewhat difficult to understand him. we booked a 2 queen bed room for $63,the pool was warm considering its outside. the breakfast looks great. the room has a 32 inch flatscreen tv,fridge,microwave.and a coffee maker. i was surprised when we walked in becasue of the great things this hotel had for the price. great stay good for overnights i would recomend it

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Your review means very much to us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Russell
Fossil Creek Hotel
Hampton Inn Hays-North of I-70
Fort Hays Inn
Fort Hays Inn
#12 of 13 in Hays

Been to Days Inn Russell? Share your experiences!