“Another fine night in Russell, KS, at Days Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Days Inn Russell

Days Inn Russell
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Russell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
NW Kansas
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I stayed at this Days Inn on August 4 - 5, 2012.. I booked on-line at Wyndham Rewards.

I was leary of staying here, after having a very bad experience the night before at a Days Inn in Wichita, KS. I must say, I was pleasantly pleased.

I was greeted by name upon my late arrival (I was probably the last one to arrive). I had a room on the ground floor, and everything was in working order.

The bed was extremely comfortable, with plenty of good pillows. Refridgerator and microwave in the room both were clean. The airconditioner worked perfectly!

The lighting was good, but could have been better near the area where you hang clothes.

The bathroom was ok.

Upon checkout, everything was great. I would stay here again when passing through the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
sukhmani, Manager at Days Inn Russell, responded to this review, August 12, 2015
Dear Guest
Thank you for enjoying your stay. We hope you liked the rooms and other hotel facilities.
jddecker
Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

Cockroaches.. I will try and post the pictures.. I found one live as it scampered from under the fridge and a dead one behind the desk in full (dead) view.. A bit grungy but I usually stay in better hotels. May treat myself to the brown palace. In. Denver tomorrow. Bugs do happen .. Mgr might try and do a spray or fog of all the rooms at one time as I betcha they are throughout, yeck. I wonder if I get a refund, or if these are reviewed by mgt

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
sukhmani, Manager at Days Inn Russell, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Guest.
After you checked out we received a surprise inspection from the health department. They inspected the rooms at random in the entire property. I can proudly say they gave us a clean bill of health with no issues or problems at our property.
South Pittsburg
Reviewed June 12, 2012

On a long road trip we stopped in Salina only to find no rooms except at crazy prices because there was a festival going on. So back on the road, next stop Russell. The storm was wind like I've never seen driving. The Days Inn had rooms and the price was under $70. A bit high we thought but we were ready to stop. The bed and pillows were great, very comfortable. The room had a little fridge and nice flat screen TV with a good picture. Bathroom was clean and properly equipped. The breakfast was typical motel fare plus make your own waffles. Wind speed was 36MPH steady when we left in the morning and didn't slow down until we got to Colorado Springs.

Room Tip: Decent restaurant across the road, Meridy's.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Days Inn Russell met all my expectations for a quick stopover in the heartland. Internet worked fine. Breakfast was great. Service was willing and accomodating, though the cleaning team was parked in guest parking places. Beds were soft and comfortable. Pets were welcome and all was in order. Hotel is located right off I70, near to gas and food, and plenty of room to let a dog run. They have various discounts available for govt, clubs, associations, etc. Just ask.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank brian P
sukhmani, Manager at Days Inn Russell, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
thankyou for staying at days inn russell ks .please help us how you will recommend us for beds and carpet we put new beds simmons pillowtop mattresses and new carpet last year in jan 2011.
Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 18, 2011

when we went in the employee was nice, but he was from an other country and it was somewhat difficult to understand him. we booked a 2 queen bed room for $63,the pool was warm considering its outside. the breakfast looks great. the room has a 32 inch flatscreen tv,fridge,microwave.and a coffee maker. i was surprised when we walked in becasue of the great things this hotel had for the price. great stay good for overnights i would recomend it

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 19, 2011

I really don't like hotels that have outside access to rooms, but for a one night stay it was a good choice. The bed and pillows were comfortable, sheets and blankets clean, and the room was relatively clean. They provided an actual 4 cup coffee pot rather than those 4oz cup single serve coffee makers. The breakfast bar was adequate for a person on the fly and not much time to spend waiting for a meal at a restaurant. The room...well, I mentioned to the desk clerk before checking out that there was border of dust around the perimeter of the room. I overheard her tell housekeeping and the housekeeper's response was, "Really? I don't see anything."

The noise was from a neighboring room who insisted on slamming the door when entering and exiting. Also, there was a bit of noise from the trucks coming to a stop at the I-70 ramp stop light.

I found the staff friendly...that is with the exception of the housekeeper....

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank dmcapistran
Also consider these accommodations in or near Russell
Fossil Creek Hotel
#12 of 13 in Hays
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#10 of 13 in Hays

Been to Days Inn Russell? Share your experiences!