“Bugs aug 15 room 115”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Russell
jddecker
“Bugs aug 15 room 115”
Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

Cockroaches.. I will try and post the pictures.. I found one live as it scampered from under the fridge and a dead one behind the desk in full (dead) view.. A bit grungy but I usually stay in better hotels. May treat myself to the brown palace. In. Denver tomorrow. Bugs do happen .. Mgr might try and do a spray or fog of all the rooms at one time as I betcha they are throughout, yeck. I wonder if I get a refund, or if these are reviewed by mgt

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
sukhmani, Manager at Days Inn Russell, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Guest.
After you checked out we received a surprise inspection from the health department. They inspected the rooms at random in the entire property. I can proudly say they gave us a clean bill of health with no issues or problems at our property.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
South Pittsburg
Reviewed June 12, 2012

On a long road trip we stopped in Salina only to find no rooms except at crazy prices because there was a festival going on. So back on the road, next stop Russell. The storm was wind like I've never seen driving. The Days Inn had rooms and the price was under $70. A bit high we thought but we were ready to stop. The bed and pillows were great, very comfortable. The room had a little fridge and nice flat screen TV with a good picture. Bathroom was clean and properly equipped. The breakfast was typical motel fare plus make your own waffles. Wind speed was 36MPH steady when we left in the morning and didn't slow down until we got to Colorado Springs.

Room Tip: Decent restaurant across the road, Meridy's.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
sukhmani, Manager at Days Inn Russell, responded to this review, August 12, 2015
Dear Guest
Thank you for enjoying your stay. We hope you liked the rooms and other hotel facilities.
Your review means very much to us.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Days Inn Russell met all my expectations for a quick stopover in the heartland. Internet worked fine. Breakfast was great. Service was willing and accomodating, though the cleaning team was parked in guest parking places. Beds were soft and comfortable. Pets were welcome and all was in order. Hotel is located right off I70, near to gas and food, and plenty of room to let a dog run. They have various discounts available for govt, clubs, associations, etc. Just ask.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank brian P
sukhmani, Manager at Days Inn Russell, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
thankyou for staying at days inn russell ks .please help us how you will recommend us for beds and carpet we put new beds simmons pillowtop mattresses and new carpet last year in jan 2011.
Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 18, 2011

when we went in the employee was nice, but he was from an other country and it was somewhat difficult to understand him. we booked a 2 queen bed room for $63,the pool was warm considering its outside. the breakfast looks great. the room has a 32 inch flatscreen tv,fridge,microwave.and a coffee maker. i was surprised when we walked in becasue of the great things this hotel had for the price. great stay good for overnights i would recomend it

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest
Your review means very much to us.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 19, 2011

I really don't like hotels that have outside access to rooms, but for a one night stay it was a good choice. The bed and pillows were comfortable, sheets and blankets clean, and the room was relatively clean. They provided an actual 4 cup coffee pot rather than those 4oz cup single serve coffee makers. The breakfast bar was adequate for a person on the fly and not much time to spend waiting for a meal at a restaurant. The room...well, I mentioned to the desk clerk before checking out that there was border of dust around the perimeter of the room. I overheard her tell housekeeping and the housekeeper's response was, "Really? I don't see anything."

The noise was from a neighboring room who insisted on slamming the door when entering and exiting. Also, there was a bit of noise from the trucks coming to a stop at the I-70 ramp stop light.

I found the staff friendly...that is with the exception of the housekeeper....

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank dmcapistran
Georgia
Reviewed August 21, 2009

My family and I were moving and stayed here on our way to our destination. It was adequate for one night.

We thought the location was fine. Very easy access to the highway. The breakfast was adequate: english muffins, milk, juice, coffee, cereal, oatmeal. We slept comfortably with the AC running well. It was very quiet outside. The pool was fine. We were the only ones to use it, and it was clean - not large enough to swim laps in but fun enough for the kids to get wet.

We didn't like the stained blankets and sheets, cigarette holes in the blankets, dingy feel of the room.

One family member claimed he saw some sort of brown bug running around in the bathroom. Can't claim it was a roach, but there was some sort of large bug running around there.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Woodland Park
Reviewed July 27, 2009

This hotel is running a bait and switch with Priceline bookings. I booked on Priceline, called the hotel shortly after to request non-smoking and two beds. The clerk was clueless. Upon check-in, I again requested non-smoking and king size or two beds. The clerk refused, stating that they only can give us exactly what is paid for in Priceline. I've gotten free upgrade requests many times when booking on Priceline or Hotwire. Thsi is the first hotel that refused. We were give a room with one full size bed. My wife did not want to sleep in that small of a bed with me. Just not big enough. When we went back to the desk and my wife registered her complaint, the clerk wouldn't budge. I ended up paying the hotel an additional $18 to get an additional bed. Look, don't stay here anyway. The place is a dump and the free breakfast is laughable.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank Joel85
sukhmani, Manager at Days Inn Russell, responded to this review, February 8, 2011
iread this review i think he/her doesnot know prices are not same if you upgrading your room
full size to king size or double but it seems like he/she want to upgrade with same price and he/she telling he always upgrade like this he is making fool priceline or hotel great idea!!!!!!!

Travelers are raving about these Russell hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Russell
Fossil Creek Hotel
Hampton Inn Hays-North of I-70
Motel 6 Hays
Motel 6 Hays
#13 of 13 in Hays

Been to Days Inn Russell? Share your experiences!