“Disappointed” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Russell
Pawnee, Oklahoma
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stopped here on a long trip to Oklahoma from Colorado. After reading the good reviews I thought we would try it. My husband had also stayed here on a previous hunting trip and thought it was great. It was cheap but the room we got was definitely not remodeled like others had mentioned. It was old and had stains on the ceiling and very outdated decor. Gave me the creeps. Tons of flies in the room. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

This place had signs on the highway advertising $32, however the room ended up bein $58!!!! The place is across from a sfockyard, smells horrible. Rooms are ok, continental breakfast was bread honey buns and ho-hos. Also we had someone walk in our room at 8:25 am even though checkout was at 11.

• Stayed October 2012
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I stayed at Russell Inn while traveling across United States. Russell Inn was my last stop prior to reaching CO.
Russell Inn is located about couple blocks away from HW 70 in the small town of Russell in KS. Russell Inn is very quiet is very clean with parquet wood flooring in the rooms. Continental breakfast is available in the dinning area in the morning.
When I arrived at the hotel to check in, I was welcomed by a courteous host. Employees were very cordial and nice.
The Singh family who owns Russell Inn, is very helpful and cheerful. The owners add their unique way to express hospitality and make their guests feeling part of the family.
I am grateful and thankful to have met such wonderful hosts.

Room Tip: Rooms are spacious, quiet and clean. Russell Inn is located couple blocks away from HW 70, which mak...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 1001gy
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This place is very average. If you ask me, an entire parking lot full of construction worker's trucks is a good sign. It means its quiet, comfortable enough, and cheap. The staff/owners are friendly and accommodating. Rooms are not perfect, but all the requirements are there and in working order. If you need a quick room for the night, this is a great option.

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Russell Inn's room rate is very, very reasonable. Two adults in a double-queen room for two nights, $120. Can't beat that. Don't expect the Hilton here, but the room was clean, the beds were comfortable. Continental breakfast was exactly that, coffee, juice, pastries, toast and bagels. I was worried that with the extreme heat and since this is an older facility, our air-conditioner wouldn't keep the room cool enough. But indeed it did! We were on the first floor on the pool side and the room was very quiet. We didn't swim, but the pool looked clean too. As two women, we felt completely safe. I must say that our room wasn't serviced the second day, although we were promised it would be. I did get clean towels from the front desk.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the ground level, pool side. Also on the north end, you will be closer to parking...
1 Thank SherryinBA
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

After reading the reviews here we decided to try the Russell Inn. I always trust TA's advice but must say this time I was very disappointed. I had a reservation taken by a friendly woman who also greeted us upon arrival. She was helpful and nice. Our room was on the ground floor thankfully on the pool side. Upon entering I noticed a strong smell of air freshner which I felt was sprayed to cover up other odors. Everything appeared fairly clean at first glance but upon further review I found it not so much. There were many stains on the carpet, the bathroom ceiling needed to be replaced and the room overall needed updating. I know they are in the process of updating but our room hadn't been touched as yet. In the morning I noticed some blood stains on our sheets at the bottom which grossed me out. Above all I expect cleanliness but didn't feel like the Russell Inn delivered. The breakfast included some toast, bagels and cereal. On a positive note, the service was good and I think this motel has some potential to be a nice place. It was cheap and as the saying goes, you get what you pay for!

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Laura S
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Over the past year, I have stayed at the Russell Inn over a dozen times and have found each time to be a wonderful experience. The rooms are nice and clean, beds comfortable, and the price is right! The owners are wonderful and go above and beyond to make sure your stay is enjoyable. Everyone who works at the hotel is helpful and friendly and makes the experience even more enjoyable. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. If you are traveling and need a nice, clean, and quiet place to get some rest, the Russell Inn is the place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Lisa L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Russell
Fossil Creek Hotel
Fort Hays Inn
#11 of 15 in Hays
3.5 of 5 stars 133 reviews
BEST WESTERN Butterfield Inn

Been to The Lodge At Russell? Share your experiences!