“pork fajtas consistent”

San Juan Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 19 Restaurants in Russell
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 5, 2013

chips and hot sauce are good. The owner is there everyday and food is better. They give you plenty to eat and service is usually good. The margaritas are good but then you need a nap so you should have one or two for dinner, it makes a long day for lunch.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Don't be quick to judge....not the prettiest or fanciest place but it is CLEAN and GREAT! Some of the staff and owner speak limited English, but they understand and are very accommodating. It is simple and wreaks of real Mexico. We've been there many times and always find consistency. Reasonable prices, great food...the real deal!

Have you ever gone into a restaurant that seemed nice till you used the bathroom? No worries here....it is spotless.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

I had some fond memories of this place in the 1980s, going here when it was a Dairy Queen when I was on vacation with my family. Now that I am living in Russell, I avoid this place like the plague.

I don't know why the Kansas Department of Health and Environment hasn't shut this place down. It is absolutely filthy, and there have been numerous documented incidents of rodents and other vermin taking up residence. The food is terrible anyway, so why bother? If I'm that hard up for Mexican, I'll drive 30 minutes to Hays and go to Carlos O'Kelly's. Or even Taco Bell.

Fortunately, it's far enough away from I-70 and US 281 where travelers coming from town won't even notice it. Good. Don't waste your time.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Now THIS is hometown good authentic mexican cooking. The carne asada is superb, portions are good side, everything is seasoned to perfection, staff is attentive. The staff remembered me on my second visit, a month after my first, and were super nice. I'll drive to Russell just to eat here!

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Title says it all! Don't waste your time unless you are really hungry for some substandard food!

1  Thank denigma

Been to San Juan Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!