“Good Stop”

Fossil Station Mesquite Grill
Grand Junction, Colorado
“Good Stop”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

First of all, one clarification, I think the restaurant now goes by the name of Fossil Station Pizzeria, at least that is what is on the receipt stub.

We had lunch there and got a 12" sub sandwich and split it. The bun had been nicely toasted and the sandwich tasted great. In fact, while hardly a connoisseur of sub sandwiches, I would have to say it was as good as any sub style sandwich I had ever had.

While it shares a building with the gas station, they are two distinct businesses.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank PurplePica

Michigan
“Nice wait staff; pizza not something to write home about”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We had an unplanned stop in Russell, Kansas and stayed at the Fossil Creek motel. The Mesquite grille is next door so we went over on a Sunday night for dinner. Beers were a dollar a glass and a medium pizza off the menu was on special for $7.00 -v- $16.00. The beer was great, but the pizza tasted like frozen home baked with little flavor. The buffet pizza looked better, but we don't know if it was any better. We would have much preferred Pizza Hut, but the price was right at Fossil. That was about the only redeeming quality of our experience. The wait staff was very nice.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank TwinCreek
Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania
“Filling but just adequate”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

A late Saturday evening stop at this local restaurant filled us up with pasta dishes, but that is about it. The entrees came with white garlic bread (more like toast points) and ample salads of iceberg lettuce. The wine selection was limited but ample glasses kept us happy through the meal. We were staying locally and this was recommended. We're just passing through but I wouldn't recommend it as a special stop.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Upstatelakelady
“Awesome pizza place”
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Stranded today a while due to a blizzard. Got a room and was able to walk next door to this place. Some of the best pizza and service was great. Plenty of variety. Talking about going back for sandwiches for dinner.

1 Thank dldlcd
Denver, Colorado
“No Mesquite Grill here - Just Pizza”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We ate dinner here and found there to be nothing but a bar, pizza and salad buffet, and some other italian food on the menu. Nicely decorated and convenient to I-70 but nothing special otherwise. My husband got the buffet, I just got the salad buffet and ordered a calzone from the menu. The calzone was nothing like I've ever had. The dough was fairly flat, brushed with butter and garlic. Nice flavor though. It was supposed to be ricotta and mozzarella cheese but was a little ricotta with some colby jack cheese. I wouldn't order it again. My husband said the pizza was pretty good. The salad bar was fine and seemed pretty fresh.

• Visited July 2012