“nice after Christmas break”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Manitou Beach
Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Manitou Beach
Reviewed January 1, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed a two day mini vacation at this facility December 29/30, 2013. We stayed in the villas and were very impressed with the cleanliness and comfort of our room. The robes were new, the bed was new and the extra thick mattress cover was great. The room staff was friendly and very hospitable. The lobby staff were the same. The Water's Edge dining room was good for breakfast and the poolside cafe was fine for light snacks. The pool and change rooms were very clean. Yes the water is amber but that is how it is due to its chemical makeup. For me I would have liked the hot end to be hotter. It was only 40C but I am certainly not complaining. It was -35C outside so who can complain about spending hours in 40C

We will definately come back for weekend getaways!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dwight H, General Manager at Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

I thank you for your kind comments. As your review was very positive, but you only gave us 1 out of 5 stars, i appreciate that you called me today to tell me you will be changing the rating of our resort as soon as possbile because you made a mistake online. I believe that trip advisor may not allow you to do so until 3 months have passed, as i believe that is thier rules regarding patrons to write multiple reviews of the same resort.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

No need to go out in the cold. Relaxing at the pool or with a massage is a great winter break. The rooms are comfortable and the bed is excellent. A choice of two restaurants-one by the pool and the other more formal but very relaxing. There were a lot of young families enjoying the experience but there were people of all ages. Staff were very friendly and helpful and when we had a small problem maintenance were quick to respond. I hope to go again soon.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SaskatoonPeggy
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Many years ago my husband and I stayed at the Manitou Springs Hotel and Spa. At that time the room was okay, the meals were alright and the pool was soothing, but not in the best condition it could be.

Recently, my husband and I stayed for one evening at the Manitou Springs Hotel and Spa and had quite the WOW experience. When we arrived, the front desk lady was cheerful and very accommodating. Even though we arrived before the 3:00 check-in, she noticed that our room was ready and she gave us the key, 2 unlimited pool passes and 2 passes for a complimentary hot breakfast on Saturday morning. She invited us to help ourselves to an apple too.

The room was very large, clean and comfortable. The beds were very comfortable and we had one of the best sleeps ever. We also appreciated the white cotton robes in the room for each of us to wear to the pool. The view of the lake was amazing.

During our supper, the dining room was so bright and cheerful and we were given a window seat. The food took awhile to prepare, but we were not disappointed. The presentation was beautiful and the taste was awesome. I especially enjoyed the scallop appetizer – flavour packed. The waitresses / waiters were all so cheerful and pleasant. It was as if they were happy to be working for such a fine establishment. Customer service was terrific.

We made several trips to the pool and we were happy to find the pool looking very clean and in good repair for the most part. I like the fact that we could leave the “unlimited swim card” with the lady at the pool desk and didn’t haven’t to remember to bring it back and forth. It’s a little touch, but it saves time and streamlines the process of coming and going. The lifeguards we had seen were cheerful and friendly too. They made everyone feel welcome.

On Saturday morning we came back to the restaurant for our complimentary hot breakfast and were again WOWED with the presentation, the amount of delicious items to choose from and the knowledge that we could have crepes, omelets , waffles, or omelets inside crepes for the low add on cost of $2.00 each. Great deal. Once again the waiters were cheerful and friendly.

My husband and I had a wonderful stay in your hotel. It far surpassed our stay many years ago. I believe your “hotel deal – unlimited swims and complimentary breakfasts” – is one of the best kept secrets in Saskatchewan and we will spread the word around.

Life can be very stressful, and I appreciate that we can come to the Manitou Springs Hotel and Spa for a soothing getaway. It’s like a mini hot vacation in a cold climate.

I work for a company that demands their employees provide excellent customer service. I appreciated the excellent customer service and cheerful attitudes which your employees provided to us.
... Cathy L.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Cathy L
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed there for a night rooms not worth the money by far!!! Robe's in rooms ripped, nothing to do, desserts looked like they were sitting in cooler for a while, steaks at hotel restaurant we terrible, went for a registered message when we went to claim for insurance found out meassages are NOT registered in Canada! Would never recommend this place!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank snowboard720
Dwight H, Manager at Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

I thank you for your comments. I am so sorry about the condition of your robes, as we have taken them out of circulation. I had ordered much nicer robes for the entire resort 2 months ago, and we actually expect them to arrive any day. On the brighter side, we are one of the few resorts in Sask. that will provide robes in your hotel rooms to be worn to the pool.
I take your comments on our steaks and desserts very seriously, as we order the best AAA Angus steaks, so I would like to discuss with you how your steak was not adequate so I can pass the information along to my supplier and chef. We have had many positive comments about our steaks recently, so I would like to assure you that whatever occurred with your steak is not the norm for our newly launched dining room, and we surely do not want it to happen again.
In regards to your massage, we have both registered (3) and non registered massage therapists on staff (some are highly qualified but from out of the country and are currently trying to have their training recognized by the local governing bodies in order to be "registered"). My apologies again here, as my staff are specifically instructed to inform our clients properly when they are booking with one of our "non-registered" massage therapists. As there are many other massage businesses that do not have 100% of their staff registered, it is always a good idea for a client to ask as well when they are making their bookings.
Thank you for your post, and I would certainly hope that you could try us again for a much better experience the second time.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed at Manitou Springs Hotel on September 1, 2013. There is nothing wrong with this hotel and we had a good stay but if people are expecting it live uo to the resort name they will be disappointed. The lobby is quite nice but the room furnishings could be more modern and the linens updated. My daughters and I found the pool to be quite nice and relaxing but my husband could not get past the golden color of the mineral water. You do need to shower right afterward or your hair and skin will have a white coating of minerals. There are a couple of antique shops that are within walking distance of the hotel and a quite nice park with a small creek running through it can be found close to Danceland. Our favorite thing there was the drive-in movie and you can also take a walk to Camp Easter Seal which is housed in a very nice stone building. Along the walk to Camp Easter Seal you will also find some parks with interesting play structures for the kids. Don't forget the beaches! There is lots to do.

Room Tip: The corner rooms looked like they had new furnishings and linens.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank AmyRegina
Dwight H, Manager at Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

I thank you for your comments. We continue to work harder on satisfying all of our guests with an overall better experience at our resort, so I am very pleased to announce that the official opening of our new dining room (called Water's Edge Restaurant and Lounge) will be Tuesday Oct. 15th. We will be offering a much more modern and healthier menu including some gluten free choices. We will be focusing on much better service, as well as a more extensive wine and desert selection. I believe that our customers deserve better than what we have provided in the past, and i am looking forward to delivering an exceptional dining experience to them that is not only unique to our immediate area, but to the province as well. There aren't too many places in our beautiful province that you can dine while overlooking a lake.
I certainly hope you will visit us again and see the improvements that we have made.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband & I stayed the night of September 1st over the holiday weekend. We were a bit wary of how our stay would be as I was hung up on multiple times when I called to ask questions and to be transferred to the massage services. It was not mid-conversation, just as if their phone system wasn't working properly and they thought no one was there. I knew I wanted at least one massage during our stay, so I talked to the massage area first to make sure there were openings and booked right away. Then I booked our room online. We arrived a bit early and tried to check-in. The front desk was very friendly and helpful. She allowed us to go ahead and get the paperwork out of the way and we received our pool passes for our stay. We checked back later and the room was just finishing up being cleaned. We finished our check-in with a different lady and we was very friendly and helpful as well.

The photos online of the rooms do not do the rooms justice. We were a bit wary again that we would be staying in a run down room; however, this was not the case. We were pleasantly surprised to see that the room was neat, clean, and looked like it had been updated since the photos were taken. The only complaints about the room would be that the brand spanking new looking tub did not have an anti-slip mat so it was VERY slippery and the robes were definitely well-worn. We stayed on the 4th floor. There are 4 floors; the main floor where the pool, spa, restaurant, etc. are is floor 2. That worked for us as we prefer to use the stairs over the elevator. Overall we were quite pleased with the hotel.

I had a relaxation massage the first day. The masseuse was a bit hard to understand, but very friendly and did a wonderful job. I had a reflexology foot massage before we left the second day. This masseuse was also very friendly and did a wonderful job. I would recommend either service.

The mineral pool was great. There's varying temperatures in the twisty pool, so just wade around and find a spot that is comfortable to you. We wish we could have stayed longer to get more time in the pool. The shower I washed off in before going in the pool seemed to only have one temperature: cold. I would recommend washing in your room beforehand if possible.

Sam's Restaurant would be the only service of the hotel I would not recommend. We ate lunch there our first day. My husband and I ordered the bacon cheeseburger with no bun (high gluten sensitivity). My husband disliked the burger that is purchased by the restaurant already pre-made. I found it tolerable. The cheddar cheese was fake cheddar slices and gross. There was one measly piece of bacon under the cheese. Generally burgers come with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and pickles, but we had none of this on the burger or on the side. There is a photo of a burger in the menu with at least lettuce and tomato. The fries are OK and the side salad with a tiny slice of cucumber and tomato was OK. It automatically comes with Italian on top, so specify if you want it on the side or ask if they have other dressing. The waitress seemed confused the whole time and we had to ask again for our coffee after she came back with the food. We decided to try room service from Sam's for dinner as our stay was a celebratory one. We ordered the special platter for two: the NY steaks had no taste/flavor other than periodic char from the grille, the lobster tails and shrimp scampi were good aside from being served dry (no butter for dipping), the ribs were cooked until they were dry like shoe leather, there were 3 chunks of potatoes which only one was flavorful, the rice was good, the mixed veggies were nothing special and looked like they just came from the frozen food section of the grocery store, and we did not try the calamari as it was breaded. We did not receive our salads and had to call Sam's. My husband told them a 2nd time that we wanted one tossed with no dressing and one caesar salad. They asked if we could pick them up as they were busy and asked again what type of salad. My husband gets down there and whomever he spoke to must've just been completely overwhelmed as she could not get the salad order straight. After numerous tries she sent a girl off to get them who came out a bit later crying with no salads. He eventually received the salads. The tossed had dressing in the container, but luckily not dumped on it. It was the same as lunch, pretty much just ice burg lettuce with a piece of tomato and cucumber. The caesar salad was OK. The gentleman who brought our food up either did not speak English or did not want to speak as he mostly just grunted. We managed to find out that we pay for room service when we checkout of the hotel. Our stay came with a limited choice of breakfast from Sam's. We both ordered the eggs and sausage with no toast. It apparently also comes with potatoes. The eggs were eggs. The sausage was deep fried imitation sausage. The potatoes were OK. The waitress was much more attentive than the previous day's lunch waitress.

Other than eating at Sam's, we would highly recommend staying at this hotel, going in the pool, and booking some massages.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dwight H, General Manager at Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

I thank you for your honest comments!

I understand your comments about Sam's Steakhouse, and I am very happy to announce that I have decided to manage the dining room, lounge, and banquets myself starting in October. I had previously leased out the dining room, but have found that our customers deserve much better service and quality so we will be doing a total relaunch of the dining room this October.

We will be offering fresher, healthier menu choices as well as an extensive gluten free selection.

Please watch our website and facebook page for details and dates, as we are very excited about this opportunity to make our resort and the dining room much better.

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

This was the best way to celebrate our 1 year anniversary and an end to a busy summer. We purchased the romantic package and it was worth its value. For a lil over $500 we received two hour long massages, two night in a king size bed with a fireplace, jAcuzi, cHampagne, delicious chocolates, access to the spa and delicious hot breakfast each morning. There is very little to do around but if you are wanting a relaxing weekend with your significant other this is the place to do it. The minerals in the spa truly leave you feeling relaxed. The only criticism I have is that the robes need to be replaced as they are worn and the mini fridge froze our food and the airconditioner wasn't very affective. Besides those minor details we came home feeling rejuvenated.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Leanne Y
Dwight H, Manager at Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank you for your comments, as we feel we provide excellent value for all of our guests!

As we have recently changed our company logo, we were already looking into purchasing some "higher end" robes for our rooms with our new logo on them, so i appreciate your comment that the robes you had were somewhat worn. The fridge has been replaced in your room as well.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Manitou Beach
#2 of 4 in Watrous
Lagana Hotel
Lagana Hotel
#1 of 2 in Lanigan

Been to Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa? Share your experiences!