“A little upgrade would go a long way...”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Manitou Beach
Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Manitou Beach
Saskatoon
“A little upgrade would go a long way...”
Reviewed May 2, 2012

This hotel was just OK. By updating the drapery and bedspreads this hotel would actually be not so bad. My room was clean as was the rest of the hotel. The food was good and the service was wonderful.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the lake. The alternative is not very attractive.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Saskcapers
Dwight H, Manager at Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Thank you for your comments!
I agree with you on the drapes and the bedspreads, as they are somewhat outdated in about half of our rooms. I had ordered new bedspreads for our beds approx. 1 week before you posted your comments, but unfortunately they will not arrive for another month or so. We will also be adding soon some more color to some of the rooms like you stayed in, by adding a red bolster pillow, curtains, and bedskirts. I would be happy to hear your comments upon seeing these new additions to our rooms.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed April 22, 2012

What can I say but WOW! I would have never guessed that a small resort in the middle of nowhere could do such a great job. It was a bit of an effort to find but definitely worth it. This resort is located on the shores of peaceful and tranquil Manitou Beach. Despite its remote location, you are still able to get cell service, and the hotel offers free wireless internet (with good connectivity and speed), 16 satellite channels, free parking, and a free breakfast in the morning. The room was comfortable and adequate. It boasted a very deep bathtub (probably one of the deepest I've seen in a hotel) and bathrobes (great for going to and from the mineral spa). This is probably one of the last places that still uses physical keys for their rooms, but that was not an issue. The mineral spa was excellent - the waters really do live up to their name and you get unlimited access with your hotel stay. The pool area is very large and can accommodate a huge crowd easily. The hotel offers a spa and small gift shop that sells everything from souvenirs to the bedding in the rooms (which I ended up buying since it was so comfortable). There is a restaurant in the hotel, but I did not go there due to other reviews. However, there is a great little cafe at poolside that offers home-cooked meals (well worth going to). I paid $114/night, which is very reasonable for a resort, unlimited access to the mineral spa and a comfortable hotel room (remember, this is the middle of nowhere). I'm sure this area is booked solid during the summer months. If you are a big-city person and looking for some peace and quiet, this is definitely the place for you. I would definitely recommend a visit and am looking forward to the next time I can pass through!

Room Tip: Ask for a lake-view room - offers spectacular views of Manitou Beach and Lake.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank PsychRN12
Flin Flon, Canada
Reviewed April 16, 2012

My wife and I have been meeting old friends here for years. We were starting to talk about not continuing do so because it was getting so run down. Starting last year we began to see a difference and this year the transformation is complete. Everything looks fresh. The spa especially looks great. Even the restaurant that someone gave an unfavorable review was okay. The cooked vegetables weren't attractive, and flavourless,but the various meat dishes were generally good. The steak sandwich was especially good. The liver not so good. And i have to say the staff in the restaurant, especially the lady who serves the breakfast most mornings, was very pleasant and very efficient. We enjoyed our stay as usual - we found an impressive artist, Darrell Baschuk, who has a studio a few blocks away.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Gerry090746
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed April 16, 2012

In the middle of nowhere, I did not find this "resort" very attractive at all. The village in which it is set was depressing, with tired, run down buildings. The spa, located within the hotel, was clean, and well organized (but be aware - the colour of the water, a sort of greenish gold is because of the high salt content). But I found the village so off putting, I won't be back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
7 Thank TravelNotTourism
Dwight H, Manager at Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
Thank you for your comments, as it is very important for us to know how our guests view our community. You are correct in that we are in a somewhat remote location, being 5 km North of Watrous and #2 Hwy. Many of our guests come here for more of a quieter type of vacation, as we are overlooking a lake, and the spa water is known to relieve stress. I am sorry the surrounding area did not meet your needs, but I assure you that it is a very beautiful area in the summer when things are green. As well, our local village council is currently implementing an action plan to improve the aesthetic value of our village by adding new stone embankments, new decorative street signs and solar LED street lights, new sidewalks, ski, bike and hike trails.
Winnipeg
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Exelent,relaxing weekend with friends.Hotel is good,restaurand is exelent.The pool is wanderful,sook your self in the salty water.was long way to go but was worth it to gofor the trip.

Room Tip: rooms onthe south sids are quieter
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Swift Current, Canada
Reviewed February 3, 2012

I love this hotel and spa, and I will continue to visit it at least annually so long as I live in Saskatchewan! It is a bit far off and in the middle of nowhere (seemingly) but it is well worth the trip! This review is for my second stay here, booked for our anniversary for 3 nights. I booked the basic room with 2 queen beds and I was quite happy with it. Very clean, and spacious enough for our needs. The bathroom was a bit small, but easy to deal with. The beds are comfortable and the fridge is really handy. I've noticed that some of the tv channels fade out towards the top of the screen, but that probably just has to do with the service provider. I wish that they had pay-per-view, but they at least offer DVD player / Xbox console rentals, as well as DVD and game rentals. Thermal control is a bit difficult to figure out (we ended up accidentally making the room 30C for over a day until we figured it out.

Now, the spa:

Like I said, amazing water. I love how you can float, and it's one of the most relaxing things I've ever experienced. I'd say the spa is a bit nicer in the winter, just because I'm always cold and the coolest pool is kept at 35C. We has a couples massage on our anniversary, and that was fantastic as well, and I'm thinking of making that a regular part of our trips there.

Sam's Steakhouse, on the other hand, is a joke, and I seriously doubt we'll go there again for anything but the free breakfast included with the room. It's ridiculously expensive, especially when you consider that some of their menu items are available for at least half the price at the little cafe near the pool. Evening servers seem cold and uninterested, while the people there in the morning are more friendly and pleasant to deal with. Cooks don't seem to know what they're doing with spicing, and the chicken fettuccine alfredo I ordered from there was just sad. They seriously topped it with sliced chicken deli meat, which I've never seen done in my life. It made the meal taste salty and just weird. So, if you want to eat, go to the poolside cafe. It's small, and its hours are a little limited but the food is way better, homemade, and the prices are fair.

All in all, this is my favorite place to go!

Room Tip: As other reviewers have said, facing the lake is nice. The villas aren't as detached as you'...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank EmmArrGee
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Spent the long weekend at this hotel - pleasantly surprised that the hotel has been renovated and updated. My room had new furnishings and carpet, bathroom was renovated as well. The pool area was also given an update.

Very friendly staff at check in and throughout the spa area and restaurant. The whole facility was very clean and well maintained. The free wi-fi and Flat screen TV and satellite was an added bonus! Breakfast was included in the price of the room, and rate also included unlimited swims.

Nice and quiet and relaxing. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Choice of "lakeside" or street / back lane views. Take the lakeside.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
#1 of 2 in Lanigan
Manitou Hotel & Bar
Manitou Hotel & Bar
#2 of 4 in Watrous

Been to Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa? Share your experiences!