“Not worth the money”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pratt
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Pratt
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Like others have said before, for a new hotel it is shabby. Though the bathroom was clean there was dried up crusty food on the microwave counter, an empty kleenex box and rips at the foot of the sheets, which were also pilled. Can they not afford new decent sheets? A good bed is most important to a traveler. There were also some hairs stuck in the sheets, which wouldn't happen if you had good quality new sheets. Much too expensive for what you get.

• Stayed May 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pratt, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear rosey1987,

Ben J
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I had a spacious room and a nice breakfast. Good hotel

Room lighting is a bit dark. Some hotel personnel were very helpful.

The hotel personnel tracked guests well.

The business center was useful to check in.

Wifi worked well

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Your Staff was great! Room was clean as and bed was comfy. Real Great nights sleep. Breakfast was ready on time! Nice choice of items. Coffee was good and hot. Nice lady smiled and kept the area clean.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Fort Madison, Iowa
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I stayed in a hotel nearby two years ago and saw this brand new hotel. So when I had a chance to go to Pratt, KS I immediately made reservations at what I thought would be a great hotel. I should have been warned by the unfriendly attitude of the lady who answered the phone and made my reservation. I stated that I was travelling with my 85 year old mother and she would be in a wheelchair, but was still put on the third floor. You would think that with an elevator that wouldn't be a problem, but the elevator was no where near the front desk. It was quite a distance down a large hall and then a turn down a very narrow hall. (Hard to navigate with a wheelchair and the luggage cart) When we got off the elevator the room was then at the other end of the third floor. When we got into the room the only chair was the desk chair so I'm guessing it was assumed you would lounge on the beds. As my mother couldn't get onto the beds I had to make a trip to a local store to buy two step stools for her. I asked the hotel employees but they said they didn't have any step stools. After we got there we were told that at least half of the hotel was occupied by away from home railroad employees. Their presence was very obvious as their luggage was lining the front entrance foyer and mud was tracked into the hotel. At breakfast they occupied almost every table in the dining area. As for the breakfast it was very minimal. One of the previous residents in our room had tried to spit tobacco into the wastebasket, had missed and instead hit the wall and the tobacco was still on the wall. I have a picture to document this. Being a retired railroad conductor I'm aware of the need for the railroaders to be able to make themselves at home at their away from home terminal, but I didn't feel I should have to pay $130 to share the space with them. Unfortunately this facility is only about two years old and already it is showing signs of wear. The only hotel employee who was friendly and helpful was the young man working the desk when we checked in. The lady who took my reservation over the phone should be fired for being so impolite and unfriendly. After all isn't the hotel industry considered a service industry. If you stay at this hotel you are wasting your money and asking for a very negative experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Bruce G
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pratt, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Bruce G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. Please accept our apologies for the overall dissatisfaction of your stay. The incidents you described are not a common occurrence at our hotel. We will address these matters with the respective departments in order to avoid these unnecessary issues in the future. We appreciate your honest feedback in order to improve upon our services and sincerely regret we did not meet your expectations. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Myrna M
Tennessee
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night at this brand new Hotel. The location is very convenient, the staff well trained and extremely helpful and attentive and the rooms are gigantic. The
Hotel and the rooms were spic and span, the beds extremely comfortable and the included breakfast lacked nothing.
There is absolutely nothing negative to write about this Hotel. The price paid for a room was very competitive and worth every dime

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Globetrotter1955
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Due to rain the night before, there were water leaks throughout the breakfast dining area....and even had some drip onto my just toasted English muffin - yuk! Room lighting was poor, so it makes me wonder what the hotel is attempting to disguise, and despite that the exterior appears relatively new, window treatments in the guest room were stained with who knows what.
On a positive note, the guest rooms are well-insulated - being a very light sleeper, I was not awakened by the guests from WI who were in Pratt to attend a baseball tournament.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pratt, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear R S,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the dining area and the room lighting. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
s.w. mo
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This was my first time to stay in Pratt, KS. This HIE was excellent, easy to get to, restaurants and gasoline close by. Clean with the excellent services and facilities I expect from HIE.

I would add a comment about breakfast as did reviewer 'Madwolf' - NO GRAVY with my biscuits! First time I've stayed at a HIE in the heartland that didn't serve gravy with breakfast... So, maybe the breakfast folks could add some fruit for 'Madwolf' and some gravy for me???

I recommend staying here!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family