“Sunday afternoon excursion”

Cuisines: Mexican
Topeka, Kansas, United States
“Sunday afternoon excursion”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We went to Kokopelli's last Sunday afternoon. Got there at 1 Pm and thought they were closed. We were the only car in the lot. Got prompt service. Nothing out of the ordinary but worth the trip.
Like most Mexican restaurants you will never go away hungry

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Ralph H

Kansas City, Missouri
“good place to eat”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We have eaten here twice now, and both experiences were great. The food is fairly typical mexican, but executed pretty well. I loved the Angel Fire (spinach and pepperjack cheese enchiladas), and I ordered with chicken. Nice kick and great flavor. Good beans and rice, too, and I am not a rice fan. Oh, and the sopapillas are yummy! Very good service both times, prices are in line, and nice decor and atmosphere.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank clark h
Lenexa, Kansas
“Not going back”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

They couldn't serve drinks tonight because they didn't renew liquor license on time. the food was just okay. I had a problem with the bill but manager was not helpful. Now i know why they are always putting out groupons to try to get customers to come in this poorly run restaurant. My family will not be going back.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank ScottyMo510
Punta Allen, Mexico
“Johnson County MEX, but most enjoyable”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

The La Mesa Chicken was great! Reminds me of Chilis Monterrey Chicken dish. Be HUNGRY though.
The Fajita Grilled Chicken Salad that my wife had, with the guacamole, was enough for a carry home box. Best to just enjoy it with the guacamole and not add the chipoltle ranch dressing.

Ask for the spicy salsa with your ships. One reader rated the other as "bland"

• Visited May 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
“First and last visit.”
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

We are new to town and are trying out restaurants in our area. We had a groupon for this establishment. We were very disappointed. First off there was the chips and salsa. The chips were pretty good but the salsa was very very bland. Very heavy on the tomato sauce with no peppers or other spices. Tasteless. I had the Three Amigos which turned out to be three cheese enchiladas with a cream sauce. Same story. Tasteless. No spice at all. It was companied by refried beans. Also tasteless and blind. The Spanish rice was just ok. Not very good at all. I cannot recommend this place to any one. The only reason I gave it two stars was that the service was great.

Visited April 2013