“good place to eat”

Add it.
Kokopelli Mexican Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We have eaten here twice now, and both experiences were great. The food is fairly typical mexican, but executed pretty well. I loved the Angel Fire (spinach and pepperjack cheese enchiladas), and I ordered with chicken. Nice kick and great flavor. Good beans and rice, too, and I am not a rice fan. Oh, and the sopapillas are yummy! Very good service both times, prices are in line, and nice decor and atmosphere.

1  Thank clark h
There are newer reviews for Kokopelli Mexican Cantina

Reviewed July 1, 2013

They couldn't serve drinks tonight because they didn't renew liquor license on time. the food was just okay. I had a problem with the bill but manager was not helpful. Now i know why they are always putting out groupons to try to get customers to come in this poorly run restaurant. My family will not be going back.

1  Thank ScottyMo510
Reviewed May 4, 2013

The La Mesa Chicken was great! Reminds me of Chilis Monterrey Chicken dish. Be HUNGRY though.
The Fajita Grilled Chicken Salad that my wife had, with the guacamole, was enough for a carry home box. Best to just enjoy it with the guacamole and not add the chipoltle ranch dressing.

Ask for the spicy salsa with your ships. One reader rated the other as "bland"

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We are new to town and are trying out restaurants in our area. We had a groupon for this establishment. We were very disappointed. First off there was the chips and salsa. The chips were pretty good but the salsa was very very bland. Very heavy on the tomato sauce with no peppers or other spices. Tasteless. I had the Three Amigos which turned out to be three cheese enchiladas with a cream sauce. Same story. Tasteless. No spice at all. It was companied by refried beans. Also tasteless and blind. The Spanish rice was just ok. Not very good at all. I cannot recommend this place to any one. The only reason I gave it two stars was that the service was great.

2  Thank paaflyer
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Kokopelli's is probably the most frequented restaurant we patronize with the kids (neck-and-neck with Johnny's in Corinth). We've been here countless times over the years. There have been a few isolated mishaps here and there, but overall they are very consistent with friendly service, quick serving times, good cocktails, and high quality food. The kids are chips and salsa aficionados and rank Kokopelli's as top shelf. Most menu items are a variation of your run-of-the-mill Mexican restaurant choices, which in most cases works well here. Lately my fav has been Tacos del Ray (trying to eat "lighter"), but Angel Fire, Tucumcari, Santa Cruz, and the Del Cabo Tacos have all passed enjoyably through my digestive system oodles of times.
One mystery though: The bottle selection is good, but NO Mexican beers on tap??

1  Thank Gruntlumber