“Our stay couldn't be more perfect!”
Review of Cedar Crest Lodge

Cedar Crest Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Pleasanton B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My husband & I spent our 10th anniversary weekend at Cedar Crest in the French Quarters room. From the moment we made the reservations we felt the good hospitality! At first we asked about the Wine Country room, but Laura explained that the jacuzzi was not for 2, so we booked the French Quarter. Between the first call & arrival we E-mailed w Laura & must have asked 20 questions & she answered them all.
Gotta make it short because if I'm gonna write about everything they were excellent about I can go on forever! It was cozy there, quiet, relaxing, fresh homemade good food, nice environment, excellent hospitality, clean, massage was wonderful, & more, oh, the bed was so nice I wish we didn't have to leave! The room was so sweet! & everyone always met us w a smile. They are everything the website showed. Sometimes you look at pictures in different websites & think wow, but you arrive & get disappointed, that did not happen here. It was wow the whole time & long after.
One sentence; we couldn't imagine choosing a better place!
Thank you, Matt & Laura & crew for giving us an anniversary we will never forget!
We have told about Cedar Crest to family & friends. I even took your brochures to work & showed my coworkers, so did my husband!

• Stayed: January 2013
Laura and Matt C, Owner at Cedar Crest Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

We are so happy that you enjoyed your recent stay with us!! It was a pleasure meeting the two of you and hearing about your wonderful love story. We hope to see you back again for your next anniversary. Thank you so much for "spreading the love" of Cedar Crest Lodge with your friends and family.

There are newer reviews for Cedar Crest Lodge

Reviewed January 5, 2013

My husband and I spent New Year's Eve at Cedar Crest with 3 other couples. This has been a tradition of ours for many years and Cedar Crest met all our needs perfectly. The rooms were not fancy or fussy but more than adequate. There was plenty of comfortable living space for our group to congregate. Matt and Laura were great hosts...very personable and friendly, as well as accommodating. Our New Year's Eve dinner was very good and breakfast was even better! While the weather precluded much outdoor activity, we would definitely consider coming back again to investigate some of the 100+ acres and certainly our group will talk about coming again for New Year's.

1  Thank Bonnie M
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed two evenings in the French Quarters room! We both enjoyed the spectacular food that Laura and Matt prepared for us! The beautiful fresh snow only made the view more gorgeous then ever! The room was everything we wanted and more! We look forward to our next stay and wish our last stay could of been longer! Can't wait to stay here again soon I hope!!!! Loved every moment here with my husband! Very relaxing and best hot cocoa around too!!!!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I just came back from a two-night stay, utilizing the Couple's Weekend Package. It was an amazing location for our 5th Wedding Anniversary. Laura and Matt (Evelyn too) were amazing hosts and the property was gorgeous as well! The food was wonderful; Laura is an amazing chef. The entire weekend was perfect and if you get a chance to stay at Cedar Crest Lodge, please take the opporuntity. You will not be disappointed!!

Room Tip: Try the Tuscan Manor suite!
1  Thank Alicia M
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Everything was great, Laura was very accommodating. Food was excellent, coffee was great. Rooms were clean, as were the bathrooms. Gorgeous setting in the Eastern Kansas. Can't wait to come back! I didn't want to leave, and when I got back to my own home, I actually wished I was still there!!

Room Tip: they're all excellent
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed one night in The Wine Country Room. The room was immaculately clean and well decorated, that being said, the heat didn't work. We ended up having to use the bathroom heater to get the room up to temp. Having not realized the heat was totally broken, we woke up to a room that was only 65 degrees, freezing. The previous night, we attempted to take a bath in the "two person" Jacuzzi tub. The water was tepid at best, even after giving it ample time and having it only on "hot" and there was no way to comfortably get two small adults (I'm not even 5'4" and my husband is 5'6" and we both weigh less than 150 lbs) in the tub. When we finally did go to bed, the pillows were horribly thin and provided no support and though the mattress did have a memory foam layer on top, once you settled into it, you could feel the springs from the mattress. The shower the next morning was nice and hot. All of this would have been forgivable except for the fact that I put everything on the comment card and never got so much as an apology after nearly three weeks, which I find unacceptable given that this is the hospitality industry.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank NurseLaura82
Laura and Matt C, Owner at Cedar Crest Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Yes, the review is correct, the furnace was not working correctly. After reading the comment card left in the guest room upon their departure, my husband checked the furnace and realized there was indeed a problem with the unit that we were unaware of until we read the comment card. Matt took care of the situation immediately and the heat was restored. Had we known about the situation during their stay, we could have rectified it while they were here and they would have had a better experience.

The room the reviewer stayed in is not advertised as a "two-person" Jacuzzi tub anywhere. In fact, they were told on the phone when booking the reservation that the room was our last one available that weekend and it was a single-person tub. Our two-person Jacuzzi tubs are located in the Tuscan Manor and French Quarter rooms.

I cannot address the water situation except to say when we checked the water in the room it was hot. As far as the bedding issues, I will say that bedding is a highly subjective area; however, we have not been given such a negative review in this area before.

The couple needed to leave a little earlier the next morning, so we accommodated their earlier breakfast time. During their breakfast courses they were very friendly and did not mention a thing regarding their bad experience.

She is also correct in saying that we did not respond to her comment card prior to her TripAdvisor review. Despite good intentions of wanting to address this issue, sometimes life gets in the way and we don't get done everything we need or want to accomplish.

Thank you for your honesty!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We booked the Couples weekend package, and it was absolutely wonderful. The food was delicious, and hospitality was unbeatable. Matt and Laura were delightful hosts! The room was beautiful. We were not disappointed! This was our first time at a bed and breakfast, and now we won't go anywhere else!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasanton
Courtland Hotel
Lyons Twin Mansions
Lyons Twin Mansions
#1 of 1 in Fort Scott
Netherfield Natural Farm

Been to Cedar Crest Lodge? Share your experiences!