“Tranquil escape”
Review of Cedar Crest Lodge

Cedar Crest Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Pleasanton B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Cedar Crest Lodge in the Wine Country room and we can't say enough good things about this wonderful B&B. Laura and her staff took wonderful care of us, the food was fabulous, the room was very comfortable and cozy, and the grounds are so tranquil and peaceful. My only complaint is that I wished we had booked more nights because one just wasn't enough! The walking trails are nice and we were escorted back by one of the cats. We will definitely return many more times to this wonderful place. We highly recommend ordering one of the gourmet dinners in addition to the delicious breakfast. We had the beef wellington and it was amazing! We both highly recommend this place to escape the stresses of daily life. I already can't wait to book our next stay!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We were so impressed with this lodge. We stayed in the Tuscan room that was it's own room in the upper portion of the barn. A true delight.
The trail walk was wonderful thanks to our guide Sophie the dog and are tailer stripes the cat. They went on the whole trek.
We orded the Salmon and it as delicious. The views were amazing as it sits up on a hill.
Will for sure go back. We may even go back for our wedding there as we got engaged that night!

Room Tip: You have to order food ahead of your stay. Cannot just order when you get there. Would advise usin...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2012

My husband and I spent two nights at the Cedar Crest Lodge last week. Wow!! We were expecting to have some quality peaceful time together and our expectations were continuously being exceeded. We stayed in the Tuscan Manor Suite. The ambience was perfection. We had dinner brought to our room the first night and words cannot begin to tell what a magnificent cook Laura is; Best meal we have had in years. The lodge sets on acreage, with a trail that winds through the woods. On our second day we had a picnic lunch prepared by Laura and ate it in a secluded area by one of the ponds that sits on their property. It was great to take in the nature and beautiful surroundings of the timbered area. I also recommend their spa services. I had a massage during our stay that left me very tranquil. I look forward to visiting again in the summer. Matt and Laura are very gracious hosts and made our stay better than we could envision.

Room Tip: The Tuscan Manor sweet is sure to satisfy!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2012

This was the third stay at Cedar Crest Lodge for my husband and I. This time we stayed in the French Quarter room which was very comfortable and nicely decorated. The hosts, Matt and Laura, always make us feel welcome and at 'home'. As usual, the breakfast we were served was delicious. We are looking forward to going back when the weather is warmer and heading out on the walking paths. Cedar Crest Lodge is a 'must try place', you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2011

This was our second visit to Cedar Crest and both were fantastic! Matt & Laura are such great people and perfect hosts. The atmosphere and country area is so relaxing. We've stayed in the large suite (the Tuscan Manor) as well as the French Quarter. Both are great rooms. I would highly recommend dinner - Laura is an excellent cook and her dinners add another special touch to a nice get-away from the hustle & bustle. We will definitely return again and again!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2011

With a groupon, we were able to stay in the Tuscan Manor Suite, an incredible deal! Without a groupon, we feel it's a tad pricey and would choose another room on a return visit...and we hope to return. As all previous reviews highlight just about everything, and the great reviews are well deserved, I'll touch on what was exceptional to us. Don't miss out on the opportunity to be served a wonderful dinner in the quiet atmosphere of your own room. We had a delicious salmon entree, asparagus (cooked just right), mouth-watering garlic mashed potatoes, topped off with pumpkin pear cake drizzled with carmel sauce...yummy. We would have been totally quilt-ridden with our crumbless plates, had we not enjoyed an hour-long walk through the woods upon our arrival. The trail takes you by numerous ponds, through lush cedars and ends up in a pecan grove...a nice relaxing woodsy walk. If you live in the Kansas City area and don't feel like driving half a day to "get away from it all", do try out the Cedar Crest Lodge for a real retreat with gracious and welcoming hosts.

Room Tip: For couples travelling alone who would enjoy a real quiet, relaxed place to unwind, I would suggest...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Cedar Crest Lodge made our 9th anniversary incredible and memorable time. We usually stay at timeshare resorts but this B&B tops any getaway resort we'vebeen to. This hidden gem in Kansas of all places surprised both my husband and i. Thanks to Matt, Laura, the boys for taking good care of this place and making it feel like home. The wonderful landscape and decor is elegant yet unpretentious. Really soft towels, comfortable beds, a jacuzzi tub, complimentary H20 and popcorn, all lend a touch of country hospitality. The food is home cooked and very good! Laura satisfied our gluten free, vegetarian and dairy free requirements as well. Matt made sure all our needs were met. The pets aka trail guides kept us safe and entertained on our trail walks. I will always have pleasant memories of our walks and views of the lakes and ponds on the grounds. i'm so glad we stayed 2 nights instead of just one. i was afraid we wouldnt like it but this turned out to be the most relaxing and reflective time of any getaway i've ever had! next time i'd like to bring my girlfriends for a retreat and spa treatment. thank you again Cedar Crest Lodge for an amazing time!

Room Tip: stay in the French Quarter Room or the one next to it. if you're in a group, it's fun to sta...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marge G

Been to Cedar Crest Lodge? Share your experiences!