Lamplighter Inn & Suites
$68
Hotels.com
Holiday Lodge(Pittsburg)(Great Value!)
$60
La Quinta Inn & Suites Pittsburg(Pittsburg)(Great Value!)
$79
$114
Regency Inn & Suites(Pittsburg)(Great Value!)
$73
$70
$93
Priceline
$89
Hotels.com
$65
$50
All reviewsin townfront deskplenty of parkingroom was cleanfew drinksgreat jobwi fioutdoor poolgreat experiencewarm breakfastcollege visithour drivenice baraffordable pricebring your own pillowgreat personalitybiscuits and gravy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 4, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the Lamplighter Inn and Suites during a visit to Pittsburg State University. As soon as we opened the door to the lobby, we were greeted with a strange odor; kind of like something musty that had been unsuccessfully cleaned. Once in our room, we had the same stench, only less overpowering, so we decided to stay.

In the bathroom, my daughter found a dead bug in the toilet paper. The floors were clean, but felt like there was a sticky, undiluted cleaner on the floor. My daughter's bed blankets had a number of cigarette burns. The sink had carve marks, like somebody had diced vegetables without using a cutting board. The rooms are outside entry for the most part; many faced the courtyard and pool area, and were very nice. Ours faced the parking lot, and I didn't really feel safe, especially when I realized that there was no curb right outside our door, and a car could easily have run into our room. I didn't sleep very well worrying about that.

We were almost impressed by the breakfast. Delicious biscuits and gravy, waffles, eggs and sausage were well done and well presented. Things were looking up until I poured a cup of coffee. As I poured creamer into my cup, a dead fly came out of the jug and into my cup.

The staff was very nice, and apologetic for all of the disgusting things we experienced. Still, it just wasn't worth it. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Tammy W, Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you encountered. I apologize for the unpleasant odors you encountered. We are in the middle of renovating our meeting rooms and guest rooms. We hope to be completed in a few months. I have reviewed your comments about the bathroom issues with our staff and I can assure you that the issues you experienced will be corrected. We are very focused on taking care of the customer and your comments will help us improve the areas that we are lacking service and quality in our hotel.
Thank you again for your comments. Please don’t hesitate to contact me on your next trip to Pittsburg so that I can apologize to you personally and thank you for bringing our short-comings to my attention so we can correct them.

Tammy Wilcox
Front desk manager
Lamplighter Inn and Suites, Pittsburg, KS

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Very nice for the price. Room was clean and quiet. Nice to have a refridgerator. Good breakfast variety not just stale rolls. A little disappointed the bar wasn't open. Very friendly staff. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kelly M

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. I am glad we met your expectations of a clean and quiet room. I hope to see you when you come and visit our hotel again. If there is anything you need, please don’t hesitate to let our staff know and we will do all we can to make your stay enjoyable.

I hope to see you again on your return trip to Pittsburg, KS. Let me know if we can do anything to improve on you stays with us.

Tammy Wilcox
Front desk manager
Lamplighter Inn and Suites, Pittsburg, KS

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I just recently visited Pittsburg State University on a college visit for my son and stayed at the Lamplighter Inn & Suites. I must say that the experience was excellent. The staff was great, the breakfast was very good with a lot to choose from, the bar was nice, and the whirlpool was just what I needed. I work for the same railroad that stays at the location, Kansas City Southern and I an so envious of the location they have there compared to what I have in Shreveport. I would definitely recommend this location to anyone needing a nice quality place to stay with an awesome staff......

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Douglas E
Tammy W, Front Office Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review! We have a great staff of people working for the Lamplighter Inn. We have a full, hot breakfast that is awesome and Mulligans is open every night but Sunday. We look forward to having you come back and see us again!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

This was the only hotel available in town when we were passing through on our way home from Branson. The property is a bit dated but the rooms were decent. Room was clean. TV had multiple HBO stations which was nice since there wasn't anything else to do. Fitness center was circa 1970s with poor quality equipment. I actually skipped my daily workout during my stay, which was very disappointing. We had asked for a main floor entry room due to my elderly mother travelling with us, however we were placed on top floor with no elevator in sight. Stairs were concrete and stairs had pizza crusts tossed on them during our stay and housekeeping never cleaned it up. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful during our stay. Breakfast was awesome! Cinnamon rolls, biscuits and gravy, bottled water, fruit, oatmeal, cereals, pastries, eggs, sausage...we left feeling very full for our trip home. I think the property is probably doing the best they can given the age of the building. I felt $80+ was a bit steep for the quality we received but with a football game in town, we were left with little options, even reserving several weeks in advance. Personally, I would probably not choose to stay here again, although I think its a decent place if you need a quick bed and some breakfast while travelling through town.

Room Tip: you have to pay $10 more to have a room with interior entry which we found to be in the south 40 and after climbing a mountain of concrete stairs, not ideal for elderly.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Tammy W, Front Office Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm sorry your stay wasn't as you expected. We took note of your comments and we are currently renovating our rooms. We are excited to be getting the remodeling! I'm glad you enjoyed our breakfast! I do apologize for the condition of our hallways and stairs. It is unacceptable and we addressed the matter with housekeeping and it won't happen again. I hope you give us another try when you are back this way. Thank you again for commenting on our hotel.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have stayed in several motels in Pittsburg, since my son attends college there. This is the best experience my husband and I had during our stays in Pittsburg. Friendly staff, clean, good breakfast and updated rooms.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for the wonderful review of the Lamplighter! I am glad you had a great experience with us! We are just completing our remodeling and hope you come back soon and check out our newly updated rooms! Thank you again for staying with us and commenting on our hotel!