“top notch”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Pittsburg
“top notch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

This is an immaculately clean property that is reasonably well-located to shops and restaurants. I has a guest laundry and super helpful staff. Really, the impression that one is given from the outset is that this is a property that exceeds expectations. The room is large and clean and well-equipped. I don't have much experience with the Comfort Inn chain, but I will definitely select one in the future based on my experience here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
musser2, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to send a review in. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We try to make each guest feel welcome, and that they enjoy their stay. We hope to see you back in the future, and see more changes we will be doing to the property.

Sylvia Musser, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I traveled with 3 other ladies to Pittsburg, KS for a luncheon at Parrott Bey Restaurant. I will write a separate reveiw on the restaurant We chose the Comfort as their rates were much more reasonable than the nearby Holiday Inn Express. We arrived at the Comfort around 6PM. Check in was fast and were granted our request for adjoining rooms. The hotel is being remodeled and our rooms were evident of their renovations. The rooms were clean and spacious, granite on the vanity, flat screen TV and the beds were very comfortable. I always score a hotel high when it has the sink and vanity outside of the bathroom and this hotel provided that feature.

The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast buffet was very good and offered the usual fare plus several hot entries.

This is a great place to stay in Pittsburg. We will return when in the area

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank WDMTraveler
Thank you for letting us know about your stay, and that check in was quickl;y done, and that your request of adjoining rooms was granted. We hope that you will be back to see us in the future, and see more changes that will be taking place this fall.

Sylvia Musser, GM
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

Very freindly staff in hotel, that is well kept and clean. The grounds are well landscaped and the rooms are nicely appointed for this price point. Continental breakfast was more of a full buffet with choices of eggs ,sausage, bacon, waffles, pastries, etc.Fresh cookies and brownies on check in were among the touches that make you feel at home away from home. Would definitely recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Check out avialable suites at a slightly hgigher price but well worth it for the extra comfort and w...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank lloyd s
musser2, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to answer the survey. I appreciate all feed back, good, bad or indifferent. I use this feedback as on-going training for all the staff, as well as myself. I appreciate your comment,s, and hope that you will stay with us again, and see more changes that will be taking place through out the year.
Sylvia M., GM
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

When visiting Pittsburg, this is my home away from home. Over the past 2 years, I have visited Pittsburg at least one time per month to care for an elderly relative. The whole team at this hotel has bent over backwards to care for me. When I arrive, I am often welcomed by name. (How many places have you stayed, where you walk in and someone immediately says, "Welcome back!") The front desk tries to place me in the same room. During my most recent visit, I discovered housekeeping had added an adapter to my room so that I can now work on my laptop and recharge my BlackBerry while still in bed. When the overnight clerk encounters me first thing in the morning, he practically jumps over the check-in desk to give me the key to the treadmill so that I can get my exercise in. When I've needed to make copies of medical records for my relative, I've been able to do so at no additional cost at the hotel. And have I mentioned they offer a free continental breakfast! Is there a downside to this hotel? Well, I find the chocolate cookies they put out each afternoon to be nearly irresistible!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mary C
Topeka, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

I am NO fan of extras tacked on my bill, an added $1.00 per night was charged for the in-room safe (which I did not use). Charge was removed upon request. The breakfast area was often picked clean – I din't like to have to roust desk staff to refill basics like sugar at the coffee station, same for breakfast food items. Someone should be assigned full time to refill duty - and to wipe down dirty tables between guests when the place is fully booked. Ice machine on 3rd floor was not working. Rooms were reasonably clean, with good quality beds and pillows. Pool, exercise room, and lobby areas appeared clean and were being wiped down regularly. On-line booking rate was higher than typical for mid-week travel date(s)… <shrug> Hotel was fully booked, charging whatever the market would bear is not unreasonable business practice. However, at nearly twice the nightly rate compared to other local hotels, the price paid was not a bargain. Staff seemed reasonably efficent but not especially outgoing, seemed stressed. They print lots of extra pieces of paper to hand to you- not real green about that aspect of thier business!

Room Tip: West side gets you away from flood-lights.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Lee785
Clay Center, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012 via mobile

Excellent value. Stayed here while heading to a job interview. One of the better breakfasts you will have at a Comfort Inn. Rooms were clean, beds were comfortable. Stay on the west side to avoid any outside light from parking lot.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank KansasTraveler5
Colby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

Stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites, and from the first minute I walked in the door to the fresh smell of home baked cookies, to the sweet girl at the front desk. I was quickly checked in and instructed how to get to my room, plus a follow up call. The hotel is really nice, and the rooms very clean. The front desk staff are always speaking to us as we come and go. When we checked out they were so sweet, even offered to make us a another reservation for our return trip and also made us one in Branson, MO. We look forward to our return trip to Pittsburg, KS and staying at the Comfort Inn & Suites. Mary G.

Room Tip: rooms on the west side can see deer in thee arly mornings, and dusk.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Mary G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsburg
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburg
#5 of 7 in Pittsburg
Super 8 Lamar
Super 8 Lamar
#1 of 2 in Lamar

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!