“Excellent”

Red Roof Inn Wichita - Park City
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Park City
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I found this property to be very clean and friendly. I have stayed at other places in Wichita area and this Comfort Inn is second to none. Everyone from the front desk to housekeeping, and breakfast personnel were friendly. The rooms were clean and beds comfortable and nice to find a clean friendly hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Well, I was favoring the Sleep Inn when I came to town, but now that it has become a Motel 6, I do prefer to stay here now (gotta get those Choice Points). This Comfort Inn has recently undergone a "facelift". The pool and patio is nice, too. Be advised; IT IS right off of the highway, so if you wish to have a quiet room, be sure to request a room furthest away from the highway. Breakfast is good- typical Choice breakfast, reg/ blueberry waffles, hardboiled eggs, muffins, juice, etc. Coffee is fresh. I do appreciate that the staff TAKES GOOD CARE of the place. Kathy is a gem. Everything smells clean/ feels comfortable- it's just outside of Wichita, and close to several restaurants/ fast food places. No pets allowed.. My allergies do not flare up here. So yeah, I would recommend.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms are away from highway.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

We stopped at this exit on I-135 N on a recent trip to Colorado. The hotel does not appear to be new, however the room was clean and a nice size. The bed was extremely hard and not comfortable. If headed N on I-135, keep going a little bit and there's more exits with lots of new hotels!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank kjswheels
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I have checked the address of this motel 3 times because I cannot reconcile my experience with that of others who provided positive reviews. I will say that every indication is that housekeeping does a good job. Plus, the location was handy for me. But as another reviewer wrote, the facility is dated. Specifics? An ottoman was tattered & threadbare. Overall I felt like I was in a motel built decades ago that never kept up with the times.

However, the main comfort issue (or lack thereof) was the air conditioning unit. I have breathing issues triggered by strong mold & mildew contamination. When I turned on the AC I knew it would be a short night. It was a July day, so heat was a problem and I would have much preferred AC. Instead, I slept for a few hours with an open window, eventually unplugging the AC unit because even in the "off" position it cycled on & off erratically. It was then that I discovered the AC plug was heat-damaged with some signs of arcing being apparent. I wrote up a note of explanation, and left at 3:30 in the morning...4 hours before my planned departure.

This place has all the feel of a low budget motel, and I am surprised that Comfort Inn allows it to continue to carry their name. Personally, I would avoid this place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Not2Fussy123
Reviewed July 1, 2013

From interstate, go east on 61st street, turn left at the convenience shop/traffic light, then another left on Connolly -easy. Nice desk clerk. There are two stories and no elevator. The indoor pool is across from the front desk and you can go out to a patio with privacy fence. There are two composite picnic tables with umbrellas. Also a clean Weber charcoal grill/table, you could use if you had the supplies. Clean room, AC was quiet and worked well. There was a washer and dryer on the second level--no supplies--and a public computer on the main floor by the lobby. Exercise room, working ice machine, vending..various bottled drinks and snacks. There is an Applebee's on the north and a Taco Bell, Wendy's, a gas/convenience shop and Cracker Barrel restaurant to the south. Complimentary breakfast was sausage patties, scrambled eggs, biscuits/gravy, blueberry or regular waffles, etc. No express checkout and when I left about 10:35am, there was no desk clerk and no bell to ding. I was staying on reward points so owed nothing and left. The hotel is not a big place and not flashy...just an ordinary hotel but clean and a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: no elevator to second level but laundry is on second level. east end is farther from the highway tra...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel over 15 times per the last 7 years. I have seen it be awesome and I have seen it be average. This hotel has become dated pretty fast and it seems like it has went slightly down hill since we last stayed there. Staff not overly friendly and breakfast was average.

Room Tip: Good Location. Only 15 minutes from Wichita.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here during an Equine Event at Ks. Coliseum. Is an older site, however very clean...Good breakfast..but the best part was a VERY friendly and helpfu staff and management.
Fantastic check in and out......

Totally a SMOKE FREE place was a plus too!

Many convienences (gas, restaurants, etc) located close.....will definitely stay again next year!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Quality Inn & Suites
#4 of 4 in Park City
Red Roof Inn & Conference Center Wichita Airport
Best Western Wichita North Hotel & Suites

Been to Red Roof Inn Wichita - Park City? Share your experiences!