“Not COMFORTable”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Park City
Benton, Arkansas
“Not COMFORTable”
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

We stopped at this exit on I-135 N on a recent trip to Colorado. The hotel does not appear to be new, however the room was clean and a nice size. The bed was extremely hard and not comfortable. If headed N on I-135, keep going a little bit and there's more exits with lots of new hotels!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank kjswheels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Juneau, Alaska
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I have checked the address of this motel 3 times because I cannot reconcile my experience with that of others who provided positive reviews. I will say that every indication is that housekeeping does a good job. Plus, the location was handy for me. But as another reviewer wrote, the facility is dated. Specifics? An ottoman was tattered & threadbare. Overall I felt like I was in a motel built decades ago that never kept up with the times.

However, the main comfort issue (or lack thereof) was the air conditioning unit. I have breathing issues triggered by strong mold & mildew contamination. When I turned on the AC I knew it would be a short night. It was a July day, so heat was a problem and I would have much preferred AC. Instead, I slept for a few hours with an open window, eventually unplugging the AC unit because even in the "off" position it cycled on & off erratically. It was then that I discovered the AC plug was heat-damaged with some signs of arcing being apparent. I wrote up a note of explanation, and left at 3:30 in the morning...4 hours before my planned departure.

This place has all the feel of a low budget motel, and I am surprised that Comfort Inn allows it to continue to carry their name. Personally, I would avoid this place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Not2Fussy123
Salina
Reviewed July 1, 2013

From interstate, go east on 61st street, turn left at the convenience shop/traffic light, then another left on Connolly -easy. Nice desk clerk. There are two stories and no elevator. The indoor pool is across from the front desk and you can go out to a patio with privacy fence. There are two composite picnic tables with umbrellas. Also a clean Weber charcoal grill/table, you could use if you had the supplies. Clean room, AC was quiet and worked well. There was a washer and dryer on the second level--no supplies--and a public computer on the main floor by the lobby. Exercise room, working ice machine, vending..various bottled drinks and snacks. There is an Applebee's on the north and a Taco Bell, Wendy's, a gas/convenience shop and Cracker Barrel restaurant to the south. Complimentary breakfast was sausage patties, scrambled eggs, biscuits/gravy, blueberry or regular waffles, etc. No express checkout and when I left about 10:35am, there was no desk clerk and no bell to ding. I was staying on reward points so owed nothing and left. The hotel is not a big place and not flashy...just an ordinary hotel but clean and a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: no elevator to second level but laundry is on second level. east end is farther from the highway tra...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Pittsburg, Kansas
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel over 15 times per the last 7 years. I have seen it be awesome and I have seen it be average. This hotel has become dated pretty fast and it seems like it has went slightly down hill since we last stayed there. Staff not overly friendly and breakfast was average.

Room Tip: Good Location. Only 15 minutes from Wichita.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here during an Equine Event at Ks. Coliseum. Is an older site, however very clean...Good breakfast..but the best part was a VERY friendly and helpfu staff and management.
Fantastic check in and out......

Totally a SMOKE FREE place was a plus too!

Many convienences (gas, restaurants, etc) located close.....will definitely stay again next year!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ejmranch
Pittsburg, Kansas
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

I am a Special Olympics Coach and our team travels a lot throughout the year. We have 2 yearly events in Wichita and we choose to stay here because it is clean, staff very helpful and it is a perfect location. Pretty good breakfast and has a Quicktrip, Taco Bell, Wendy's, Subway and Crackle Barrel within 2 blocks. Always clean and no problems. 10 minutes north of downtown Wichita.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I was a guest at the motel last weekend with 2 friends. We were in town for one night to attend an educational seminar. The room was clean, secure and nicely appointed for what it is. They put us on the ground floor, but you had to use your key to enter at all times, so no worries there. The beds were pretty comfy and A/C worked well. Breakfast was the nicest I've had at a hotel where it was included in the price. Lots of choices and very tasty. Staff seemed very
helpful. Easy to find with my GPS and several moderate dining choices in the immediate area.
I felt we got very good value for the money.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
WoodSpring Suites Wichita North
Hotel at Old Town
Hotel at Old Town
#3 of 87 in Wichita

Been to Red Roof Inn Wichita - Park City? Share your experiences!