“Not bad.........”

Super 8 Park City/North Wichita Area
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Park City
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I would have given it 4 dots but............the shower curtain was too short so it would not stay in the tub. The toilet was too close to the sink and the shower knob was very difficult to pull up. The room was tastefully decorated and there were high quality pillows and linens. They even served a hot breakfast in the morning. There was truck parking next door at the travel plaza but not at the hotel. The hotel itself was of average decor for a Super 8. Not bad if you just need a place to crash.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Driving from Denver to Dallas last night and pulled off a bit tired. Took a chance on this place and was pleasantly surprised. It looked a bit older from the outside but clean lot, appearance so went in and asked about the price under $60 with tax, lobby updated and clean, friendly lady at counter, paid went to the room and found it to be updated, great bed with mintsws felt newer, firm and quiet air, a good nights sleep. A couple of restaraunts next door to walk to, new flat screen tv, etc. Did not eat breakfast although included and looked fine just was in a hurry to hit the road so grabbed a coffee and left.

Two other things that stood out was the night lady asked about my Wyndham membership and how easy it was to sign up and track, and in the morning I tripped a bit on the thru rug my fault really by the door the manager asked if I was OK and when I was leaving he went over to make adjustments so others would not trip. Sounds simple and common sense but cannot tell you how many customer service folks just blow off things like that instead of being a bit proactive.

Would stay there again with no problem.

Room Tip: Once off the freeway a bit of a round about to enter the service drive so keep sharp eye not that di...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
SAINT GEORGE
Reviewed August 19, 2012

The carpet was filthy. The Ironing boards, which you have to get at the front desk, are the tiny kind you can hardly use. Otherwise everything was fine.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We were not happy when they gave us the second floor and "No" elevators..when we got to the room...was a surprise! Clean bed and confortable,bathroom was very clean,it has everything we want,except the T. V. was old fashion. Breakfast was good, the coffee,so,so.. It's ok hotel for the price.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We were just passing through so just stayed one night. We were simply hoping for an adequate nights sleep for a good price. This is the nicest Super 8 we have ever stayed in. The bed had a new pillow top mattress that was so comfortable. The person working the night shift was fantastic. She was kind and helpful. The experience was excellent!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 14, 2012

When my husband told me we would be staying at a Super 8, I must admit I was less than thrilled. I was definitely happily surprised! I have stayed at some disgusting Super 8's, but this one is very clean and newly remodeled. It is a hotel, not a motel. It has new carpet, new paint, new bedding and cool wall art. They were currently replacing all of the televisions with flat screens while we were there, and they are offer a hot breakfast. The selections are limited but there was biscuits and gravy, toast, waffles, cereal, etc. The day staff was friendly and helpful, too. The only reason I didn't give it five stars is because it still is a Super 8. You can tell this by the simple small bathroom and the lack of a pool or workout facility. You still definitely get something great for the money!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We arrived at the hotel after a very hot day, and the in room A/C must not have been on for most of the day, as the room was stifling hot. That little unit was no match for the room and we were almost too miserable to sleep. We had to push the king size bed from the wall all the way over next to the A/C unit and then also open the fridge door, just so we could even think about sleeping. On a positive note, the front desk people were very nice. I would say the lobby is need of a makeover; it's just kind of blah and not professional looking. Also the main entrance to the hotel was very unassuming, and we were not sure that is where we were supposed to enter. Another positive thing was the room itself was nicely appointed for a Super 8, very clean, and the bed was very comfortable. When we moved the bed I was so scared to see what might be lurking under it (I could only imagine!), but it was pretty darn clean...just a little lint, but nothing gross. Overall I would say it was a decent value, but the hot room was enough to make me seek other accommodations should I return to the area in the summer months.

Room Tip: Check to make sure your room is cool before staying.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
#4 of 4 in Park City
Days Inn Wichita North
Days Inn Wichita North
#73 of 88 in Wichita

Been to Super 8 Park City/North Wichita Area? Share your experiences!