“Delicious with HUGE portions”
Review of Beethoven's #9 The Restaurant - MOVED

Beethoven's #9 The Restaurant
Cuisines: German, Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a mother-daughter owned and operated restaurant specializing in home cooked authentic German & Italian dishes. Hand made fresh pasta dishes including Ravioli and Lasagna. Hand breaded Schnitzel's, authentic sausages and fresh local products/produce are served. Fresh home made rolls and desserts are made daily. Open - Thursday through Sunday
Reviewed July 22, 2014

For authentic, fattening, delicious, homemade German food, you can't beat Beethoven's #9 in Paola, KS. Based on word-of-mouth of foodie friends, we tried Beethoven's the other night, even though it's a good 40 minute drive from Overland Park. The atmosphere is clean, eclectic, small-town & casual. The menu is full of authentic German entrees. We tried the Jaeger Schnitzle, the Beethoven (Schnitzle) sandwich, and the Rouladen. All were amazing. Sides of spaetzle, red cabbage, mashed potatoes, & onion straws all top notch. The Jaeger Schnitzle sauce was very mushroomy, so glad I asked for it on the side. the brown gravy that came with the spaetzle was very good. Desserts looked amazing, but we were too full, even with taking most home. Oh! The homemade rolls they bring out before dinner are the best ever.

Our only gripe was, although the service very friendly, it seemed a little slow due to a large party next to us maybe.

Head out to Beethoven's, but be sure you have room in your fridge for leftovers.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

This is obviously a local favorite as we showed up right at the lunch hour and the place was slammed. Despite the very full restaurant we did not have to wait long to get seated or to be served. I ordered a Turkey Reuben on rye. Delicious. They had a host of food options, and as I have never been to Germany or eaten much authentic German food, I played it safe with the Reuben. :) One neat thing we did not do as I was not the least bit hungry and neither was my friend, was the dessert bar. They covered the entire bar with all number of delicious looking German desserts! Absolutely delightful find. Will definitely be returning.

Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

If you have been in the Paola area and haven't eaten here you are definitely missing out. My brother and I have been in the area working and have eaten here every week since the first week sometimes twice a week. The food is excellent as is the service, they have a small wait staff but it's definitely worth it if you do end up waiting for a few minutes but even then, these people are on top of their game. On top of the great food and service the owner is here every day that they're open and she genuinely cares if your meal is good. It may be a German restaurant but the occasional Italian specials are great. In review great food, great service and not too pricey with most meals just over 10$. Don't forget to save room for dessert, the majority of which is made in house as opposed to bought in a box like most places. Try the meatloaf, German or otherwise, ravioli, lasagna, any of the sausages, really anything. And if they have cheesecake make sure you try a piece, amazing. Definitely worth the trip downtown while you're looking at the fountains or at the antique shops. I reiterate, amazing.

Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Went for dinner Friday night, half the restaurant was empty but the lady said all the tables had reservations. Observed a group of twenty, the first person was done by the time the last person got their food. Needless to say the wait for our food and any service was long. The food suffered I think from how busy they were, cold fries and no salt in anything. Never got the butter we asked for. It was very loud and the person who seemed to be in charge was slamming things around and talking very loudly. The ambience has certainly changed with the new owners. When the party of twenty asked what was for dessert the person in charge said that she was going crazy and she just didn't know. I think she lost $100 or so right there. I will give it another go on another night because I think the food is probably the same. However, they need to get control of the service, a twenty minute wait for our check was ridiculous.

1  Thank jrzilla
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Hard to beat Ulrike and her son, Patrick in the kitchen, but the new owner and her daughter are still doing things right.
The owner, Jeanie Clerico was at our table twice to ask how things were and to introduce herself.
The food was excellent, and regrettably, so was the dessert!

1  Thank GLewis53