“Amazing!”

Beethoven's #9 The Restaurant
Cuisines: German, Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a mother-daughter owned and operated restaurant specializing in home cooked authentic German & Italian dishes. Hand made fresh pasta dishes including Ravioli and Lasagna. Hand breaded Schnitzel's, authentic sausages and fresh local products/produce are served. Fresh home made rolls and desserts are made daily. Open - Thursday through Sunday
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Fantastic food and service! VERY generous portions! Went with my daughter, son-in-law and new baby to celebrate my birthday when I was visiting in August 2013. We all ordered something different (two different schnitzels and beef stroganoff). None of us were disappointed--in fact we were all delighted with some of the best food we had ever enjoyed at a restaurant! The entrees were delicious...as were the sides! Can't wait to go back...this time we might share a meal, so we have room to try a dessert!

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Went today and it was wonderful. Husband had jäger schnitzel that was the size of a platter and so wonderful. He likes German food from having spent 6 years there in the army. Good German is hard to find. To him this was worth the trip from Oklahoma and we will be back. It has to be good for him to consider a 4-5 hour drive to get there.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

My wife and I were in town and had to see why it was the number one rated restaurant in Paola. The service was good but it was the food that was the standout. Portions were large enough for two meals and were delicious. I had the osso bucco which was moist and tender and literally falling off the bone. Would highly recommend the onion strings (one dollar extra) as a side. Also, make sure you stop by and see the desserts (towards the back of the restaurant) before you decide how much of your meal you'll be finishing there and how much you'll be taking home. We wouldn't have had room for dessert otherwise.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

My daughter was craving German food, so we made the short drive down to Paola from KC. Beethoven's is located just off the Paola town square, and they had a band playing music in the gazebo on the square on the Saturday night we visited.

I worked in a German restaurant in college. I thought that the Wienerschnitzel was top notch. The red cabbage was tangy as I prefer. The sauerbraten was also very good. They also had a selection of German beers available.

Desserts are kept on the counter for viewing. Most people were getting them to go as the dinner portions were huge.

They have plenty of other food selections if you have guests who do not like German -- steaks, chicken, shrimp and sandwiches. They also had food for kids like chicken fingers.

I am sure we will be back this fall.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Family visited hungry and left with two stuffed take home boxes. Go here for your lunch, then visit the Miami County Museum two block East. After an hour or so, go back to Beethoven's for dessert to take home. The rating for this restaurant is well deserved. The rolls used for hamburgers and just to eat are true homemade yeast rolls. After reviewing the menu, we will be returning. Next up will be the sausage sampler. Nice to see an owner who really, really cares about service and the quality of her food. Of course, you can go to the museum first, then have an early dinner, or just find an excuse to eat. Hmmmmm, maybe dessert first, then ???