“OMG What a Reuben.”

Beethoven's #9 The Restaurant
Cuisines: German, Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a mother-daughter owned and operated restaurant specializing in home cooked authentic German & Italian dishes. Hand made fresh pasta dishes including Ravioli and Lasagna. Hand breaded Schnitzel's, authentic sausages and fresh local products/produce are served. Fresh home made rolls and desserts are made daily. Open - Thursday through Sunday
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Family visited hungry and left with two stuffed take home boxes. Go here for your lunch, then visit the Miami County Museum two block East. After an hour or so, go back to Beethoven's for dessert to take home. The rating for this restaurant is well deserved. The rolls used for hamburgers and just to eat are true homemade yeast rolls. After reviewing the menu, we will be returning. Next up will be the sausage sampler. Nice to see an owner who really, really cares about service and the quality of her food. Of course, you can go to the museum first, then have an early dinner, or just find an excuse to eat. Hmmmmm, maybe dessert first, then ???

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We visit here when we get to the Kansas City area and have never been disappointed.

This review is from several visits there, the most recent in Dec 2012.

Service has always been excellent, even when they are busy the attention to detail was great.

Cleanliness is second to none; I don't remember ever seeing a dirty table even when someone leaves, they get right on cleaning that up.

The food of course is why we go there and the portions are generous. I wish I could recommend something besides the weinerschnitzel (OK...I'm a creature of habit) but that's usually what I have when I visit this place.

You will be hard pressed to find nicer people, better food or nicer dining experience than this one.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Paola, Kansas is a town that represents pure Americana. It's a neighborly, cozy rural town with friendly people and a pleasant feel that makes it home away from home. I thought Beethoven's would be a mom-and-pop diner from its "Main Street appearance" on the edge of the town square. The hours are odd; I wanted breakfast, but the place didn't open until 11 a.m. and it's only open 3 days a week--Thurs thru Sat. But I was blessed enough to visit when I did. The interior is a beautifully rustic divided space with hardwood floors and a seating area illuminated by daylight pouring in from a skylight that's as frameworthy as any angle of the place at a glance. The staff is very courteous with the savory attentiveness of museum tour guides. The food is mostly German fare, and VERY well done. There is a huge selection of German beer; the handmade desserts are artfully arranged on a curved counter; and the presentation of food, from the appetizers to the main course, is all done with great pride and eloquence. The rolls are scrumptious. I enjoyed a sausage soup that was one of the best soups I've ever, ever had. My main course (Schnitzel Ingrid) was outstanding. I had NO complaints at all. The amount of food I received was enough to make two meals. I was stuffed the following day from what was left in my takeout box. Highly recommended.

Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Come hungry when you come to Beethoven's- the portions are generous. We had Jäger Schnitzel, which is like a thinly pounded, breaded tenderloin, covered in the most delicious mushroom sauce I have ever tasted. Desserts were freshly made. We had a cream puff and a chocolate chip cookie. The cookie was at least the size of six regular cookies. Wait service was very good as well. Check hours before you come, as I think they are only open Thursday through Saturday. Oh, the homemade rolls that are enormous, freshly made and warm out of the oven?--Heavenly!! Recommended.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

having lived in germany for over 10 years, i am often "homesick" for good german food. we joined a group of german and german-speaking friends from the kc area for a delicious lunch. portions were generous (especially the schnitzel) and the service was friendy and good even though we had a large group. the currywurst sauce was good (although odd to be paired with weisswurst), as were the side-dishes. the sauerbraten sauce was a little too vinegary for my taste, but the meat was tasty and tender. homemade desserts had HUGE portions as well. although it's about an hour's drive for us, we hope to come back again.