“Best German Food Ever” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Beethoven's #9 The Restaurant - MOVED

Beethoven's #9 The Restaurant
Cuisines: American, German, European, Central European
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are a mother-daughter owned and operated restaurant specializing in home cooked authentic German & Italian dishes. Hand made fresh pasta dishes including Ravioli and Lasagna. Hand breaded Schnitzel's, authentic sausages and fresh local products/produce are served. Fresh home made rolls and desserts are made daily. Open - Thursday through Sunday
Dothan, Alabama
“Best German Food Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

We visit here when we get to the Kansas City area and have never been disappointed.

This review is from several visits there, the most recent in Dec 2012.

Service has always been excellent, even when they are busy the attention to detail was great.

Cleanliness is second to none; I don't remember ever seeing a dirty table even when someone leaves, they get right on cleaning that up.

The food of course is why we go there and the portions are generous. I wish I could recommend something besides the weinerschnitzel (OK...I'm a creature of habit) but that's usually what I have when I visit this place.

You will be hard pressed to find nicer people, better food or nicer dining experience than this one.

• Visited December 2012

Kokomo, Indiana
“A Symphony Of Taste...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Paola, Kansas is a town that represents pure Americana. It's a neighborly, cozy rural town with friendly people and a pleasant feel that makes it home away from home. I thought Beethoven's would be a mom-and-pop diner from its "Main Street appearance" on the edge of the town square. The hours are odd; I wanted breakfast, but the place didn't open until 11 a.m. and it's only open 3 days a week--Thurs thru Sat. But I was blessed enough to visit when I did. The interior is a beautifully rustic divided space with hardwood floors and a seating area illuminated by daylight pouring in from a skylight that's as frameworthy as any angle of the place at a glance. The staff is very courteous with the savory attentiveness of museum tour guides. The food is mostly German fare, and VERY well done. There is a huge selection of German beer; the handmade desserts are artfully arranged on a curved counter; and the presentation of food, from the appetizers to the main course, is all done with great pride and eloquence. The rolls are scrumptious. I enjoyed a sausage soup that was one of the best soups I've ever, ever had. My main course (Schnitzel Ingrid) was outstanding. I had NO complaints at all. The amount of food I received was enough to make two meals. I was stuffed the following day from what was left in my takeout box. Highly recommended.

• Visited December 2012
Goldsboro, North Carolina
“Absolutely wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Come hungry when you come to Beethoven's- the portions are generous. We had Jäger Schnitzel, which is like a thinly pounded, breaded tenderloin, covered in the most delicious mushroom sauce I have ever tasted. Desserts were freshly made. We had a cream puff and a chocolate chip cookie. The cookie was at least the size of six regular cookies. Wait service was very good as well. Check hours before you come, as I think they are only open Thursday through Saturday. Oh, the homemade rolls that are enormous, freshly made and warm out of the oven?--Heavenly!! Recommended.

Lawrence
“great german home cooking!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

having lived in germany for over 10 years, i am often "homesick" for good german food. we joined a group of german and german-speaking friends from the kc area for a delicious lunch. portions were generous (especially the schnitzel) and the service was friendy and good even though we had a large group. the currywurst sauce was good (although odd to be paired with weisswurst), as were the side-dishes. the sauerbraten sauce was a little too vinegary for my taste, but the meat was tasty and tender. homemade desserts had HUGE portions as well. although it's about an hour's drive for us, we hope to come back again.

• Visited September 2012
Louisburg, Kansas
“Fresh baked bread and desserts, great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

By far the best restaurant for miles around. Have been here several times and tried a lot of different meals, from sandwiches and buffalo burgers, to schnitzel and bierocks. Everything we have had here is outstanding. The bread is fresh baked, as are the wide varieties of desserts. The waitresses are always friendly and helpful, and the atmosphere has a homey, farmhouse type feel.

• Visited August 2012