Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd.
Ranked #32 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Overland Park, Kansas
“Not bad for the price”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Overall our families stay here was a good one. We needed a hotel for 2 weeks with a kitchen and dog friendly.

Pros: comfortable, good location and laundry on site. Outdoors is pretty well kept.

Cons: it looked clean up front but staying here with a toddler I did a lot of cleaning and I was a bit shocked at the lack of deep cleaning. I washed the windows and pictures and the rag was black after. I found cigarette butts, old water bottles, food, and dust behind all the furniture and under the couch. Cabinet fronts and outside of the fridge were very dirty. We also had a room right above the front entrance and the windows are so dirty on the outside, it's hard to see out them. Common areas weren't cleaned the whole time we stayed here. You can see dust/dirt around the edges of the hallways and the elevator had a spill in the corner that was never touched in a two week period.

If you don't mind cleaning its not bad. The staff is hit or miss. Some do a good job and others act like you are bothering them when needing something. I asked to use the vacuum 3 times and every time it wasn't available which makes me think they only have one vacuum for the whole place. I finally just hunted down the cleaning lady to borrow it while she did other stuff. I also found it odd that they don't use mattress covers or pillow covers on the beds. Pretty gross is my opinion.

Room Tip: We got the only available one bedroom. Much needed with a baby. If you have pets I would recommend a...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am pleased to read that your stay was good overall; however, I sincerely apologize for the cleanliness issues in your room. Please know that I will be meeting with my housekeeping staff to review our cleanliness standards to ensure that all of our rooms and common areas are deep cleaned. As well, I regret to read that you received poor service from some of my staff. In response to your feedback, I will be meeting with my entire team to review customer service standards to ensure that your experience is not repeated. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
BALTIMORE
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Probably a better physical facility than average for Extended Stay. My two disappointments were the poor internet quality even though I paid extra for faster service and the fact that they forgot to supply kleenex.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank WALTER S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this review, September 2, 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that the internet quality was poor even with the upgraded services. I will be sharing your feedback on this issue with my maintenance staff so that we can resolve this issue to prevent your experience from being repeated. As well, I do apologize that your in-room amenities did not meet your needs. I will be sharing your feedback with my housekeeping staff and it will be useful to us as we continually work to improve our hotel. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Was in Lenexa for a 5 day class. Wanted something clean, safe and not expensive. To be honest, after having spent 5 nights in a Hyatt 10 days before it was a come-down but I found the staff to be helpful and friendly.

My room was comfortable, maybe needed updating in the decor but in good condition. My fridge was clean as were the sinks and tub.

It was explained to me if I needed dishes, utensils, or cookware, just ask. I ended up getting my own paper goods which was all I needed. In the morning there was coffee, muffins, breakfast bars, oatmeal and fresh fruit to grab and go.

There was no maid service but I liked the idea that no one was coming into my room while I was away.

It appeared there were a lot of workers from a cable company staying there but I saw that as a plus, not a lot of folks coming and going.

Location was great, stores and restaurants nearby as well as major roads.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Denise B
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I truly appreciate your comments regarding my helpful, friendly staff. We are proud to have provided you with a clean and comfortable room at an affordable price. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Stayed the night here after a Royals game. Checked in late. Staff was OK. When we got to our room it smelled like an ash tray. It was horrible. They would not move us because they said they did not have any available rooms. We were woke up at 8 am due to the fire alarm going off because the elevator broke and the people who were trapped inside where hitting the fire alarm. I spent most of the night in the parking lot trying to get away from the smell of the room. It is going to take my wife weeks to get the smell out of our cloths and bags.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Chris M
Chris - Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. Please accept our most sincere apologies for your room smelling of smoke and the fire alarm waking you up in the morning. To make sure this doesn't happen again, we are reminding our guests of our non-smoking policy and our smoking fees. We will also work with our housekeeping staff to make sure our rooms smell fresh prior to our guest's arrival.

We are grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. Please feel free to contact us directly, at kco@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We do hope that you will return to our hotel or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed June 12, 2014

While not an upper-end property, the rooms do not cost the same as fancier properties. Still, the important things are there. A decent bed with decent quality bedding. Bathroom with adequate number of towels and soaps. Reasonably clean. Elevator access. A nice plus is the kitchen with full size fridge and stovetop. Adequate dinnerware for two. Kitchen bar with barstools. This was once Homestead Suites before being rebranded as ExtendedStayAmerica by the parent company. Their rooms are therefore a bit smaller than other ESA properties. Laundry room available. Adequate parking, although oversized vehicles and trailers can be a bit of an issue. Convenient to 435. Grab and Go breakfast that is standard with this brand. Coffee, instant oatmeal, Quaker breakfast and granola bars, apples and oranges, packaged muffins. They have treated me well.

Room Tip: There are no ice machines available at these properties, so if you like ice, load the ice cube trays...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank BeachGurl2014
Thank you for telling us about your stay. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your fully equipped kitchen and our affordable rates. We are also pleased that you appreciated the amenities we have to offer.

Thank you again for your review. We hope to see you again in the future.
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed May 26, 2014

When I attempted to check in at 2pm I was told they do not allow early check ins and I told the woman I would see her at 3:01pm. I found my room dirty with 3 bars of soap left in the bath tub. The room had an odor. The air conditioner ran but never cooled. The coffe MUG, one, only one was unwashed then found the dishes too were unwashed but put back in the cupboard.

I will NEVER stay at ANY Extended Stay of America again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Ryan R
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this review, July 9, 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so disappointed that we did not provide you with a comfortable and clean room during your stay. Please accept my apology. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am working with the staff to review and improve our cleanliness standards. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at ovp@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
San Diego, California
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Stayed 10 days due to family medical concerns. Spouse flew immediately and I arrived 3 days later. Spouse was not in room so I told the desk my spouse had arrived 3 days earlier and I needed to get in room but did not even know room number.. Girl said no problem and made me a key. Spouse was very upset they did not ask for ID or make any attempt to verify that I should have access to the room. I now agree and find that scary. Good price, reasonably clean and staff was helpful and friendly except for the night girl who was constantly missing from the desk. This was a full kitchen situation but we had only one large pan, no skillet, silverware for one person, one coffee cup and no glasses, and no cereal bowls etc. Desk said should have 4 of everything and did supply all the missing items. Told them to retrain the maids to do more than change sheets once a week. Great location for us near two freeways, grocery stores and eating places. Not too bad for one night but would not stay again for 10 days. The management did write me an apology that their hotel did not meet my expectations. I commend them for that.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank specialgeh
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our spacious suites with fully equipped kitchens and convenient location at a great value. Still, I’m disappointed to learn that the level of professionalism displayed by some members of our staff did not meet your expectations. In response to your feedback, I will meet with the staff to review our guest protocol to ensure your experience is not repeated. Please know, our housekeeping service is provided once a week for guests staying 8 or more nights. For those who are staying for shorter periods of time, services can be purchased for a minimal fee.

If you would like to provide any additional comments, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, ovp@extendedstay.com. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Overland Park
Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Metcalf
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Overland Park
WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Lenexa
La Quinta Inn & Suites Overland Park

Been to Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd.

Property: Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd.
Address: 10750 Quivira Rd, Overland Park, KS 66210-1217
Location: United States > Kansas > Overland Park
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #32 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Overland Park