Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd.
Ranked #32 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
“Comfortable Stay”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We were in town for a soccer tournament and stayed at this Extended Stay hotel. The room was comfortable and clean. The staff were friendly and made us feel welcomed. We have stayed in several Extended Stay hotels when we travel and have always been pleased. I would highly recommend this hotel when in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the servicer our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Sanger, California
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Friendly staff, helpful staff, and clean facilities. I would recommend this hotel for anyone. I was there for 6 weeks and still enjoyed my time there. Internet was a bit of a bummer b/c you must pay for an upgraded version if you really even want to use the internet at all.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Absolutely one of the best experiences in a hotel I've had. It was reasonably priced, the rooms were clean, I had a stove top, fridge, microwave, and coffee pot in my room. I only stayed two nights so I didn't deal with housekeeping or the laundry facilities. The breakfast was a little lacking compared to others that I've had elsewhere. (It was coffee, tea, muffins, oatmeal, fruit, and protein/oatmeal bars, and that was it.) I was there for an anime convention and my previous booking had been cancelled. I was very pleased with the expedient booking, payment, and checking in. Had a blast, loved my room, will definitely be returning next year with a few groceries in tow this time.

Room Tip: Bring some groceries to cook on the stove rather than go out. The areas' restaurants are very &q...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you so much for taking time to write a review of your stay. I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean spacious suites with a fully equipped kitchen at a great value. Your feedback concerning our free grab-and-go breakfast will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.
Ames, Iowa
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We got this hotels through Hotwire. The reviews got me worried about this hotel and I expected to have a bad night experience. When I got there, I know I tried to spot all the mistakes they made. The stuff was nice and very helpful, but the lobby was not so clean, and so was the elevator. I traveled quite a lot, but never seen any elevator this dirty. I walked to my room with bad thought about the night. Turn out the guestroom was really clean and comfortable for the price. My bf really liked the lazychair in the room. Things in the room are a bit old, but everything else was fine. It's not a bed stay at all. You get what you pay. My bf and I are really happy about this stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this review, March 18, 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad that you found your room to be clean and comfortable during your visit. As well, it’s great to hear that you found our staff to be nice and helpful. Still, I apologize that the cleanliness of our lobby and elevator did not meet your expectations. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure these issues are quickly resolved. Thank you again for your comments. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Reviewed February 12, 2014

While my particular room is satisfactory, the facility is in need of attention.

Trash is left in the Trash Room entirely too long, creating a pungent odor throughout the bottom floor. The rear entrance card swipe has been out of order for nearly two weeks, so all must use the front entrance at all times.

This ESA serves its purpose overall. The housekeepers seem to do a very good job cleaning the room on the cleaning day.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to hear that your room was clean and satisfactory overall. Still, I apologize for the issues you experienced with the trash room and the broken card swipe on the rear entrance. I will be meeting with our maintenance and housekeeping staffs to ensure these issues are resolved and do not continue in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
Winnsboro, Texas
Reviewed September 29, 2013

When I arrived the staff was verry nice and made sure i had all i needed too have a nice quiet stay. was verry good at giving me directions and places too eat exc.Is located near colage and right beside interstate so easy too find and good parking thanks staff at extended stay Overland Park

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this review, October 2, 2013
James - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that the staff was nice and made sure you had a great experience at our hotel, also i'm glad to hear that our location was convenient for you.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I have never written a review on anything before, but my experience here has led me share my concerns so other travelers do not waste there time and money staying here.

I checked into my room last Monday and checked out approximately 2 hours later when I discovered how filthy the shower was. I would have considered staying if I could have found another room or had someone to clearn my shower, but the hotel was full and I was told that no one would be avaiable to clean until the morning.

The bathroom was absolutely DISGUSTING:
The sealed extra toilet paper roll on top of the toilet had dried blood on it and the shower looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a month. The tub was dingy and covered with black hair. AND there was piles of used soap with hair clumps on the shower ledge.
Additionally, the cleanliness of the kitchen was just mediocre. The top of the range was spotted with food, along with the microwave. The coffee maker basket and pot were dingy with build up and stains, as was the sink. The pictures below don't adaquately show how dirty the tub was.

The only postive part of this experience was the friendly and apologetic front desk person.

I have stayed in hotels and hostels around the US and in Europe and this was the dirtiest hotel shower I have ever experienced.

Because of this experience I will never book with any Extended Stay America.

I would never recoommend for anyone to stay here. There are plenty of other all suite hotels in the Overland Park area that are around the same price point that are much, much nicer and cleaner.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so glad that our front desk staff took such great care of you; however I apologize that the level of cleanliness in your room and bathroom did not meet your expectations. To prevent this from happening again, I'm working with my team to ensure the cleanliness of every room is up to standards and inspected according to our checklist before guests arrive.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at ovp@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Overland Park
#23 of 37 in Overland Park
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Overland Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites Overland Park
WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Lenexa

Been to Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd.

Property: Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd.
Address: 10750 Quivira Rd, Overland Park, KS 66210-1217
Location: United States > Kansas > Overland Park
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #32 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Overland Park