Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd.
Ranked #32 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Absolutely one of the best experiences in a hotel I've had. It was reasonably priced, the rooms were clean, I had a stove top, fridge, microwave, and coffee pot in my room. I only stayed two nights so I didn't deal with housekeeping or the laundry facilities. The breakfast was a little lacking compared to others that I've had elsewhere. (It was coffee, tea, muffins, oatmeal, fruit, and protein/oatmeal bars, and that was it.) I was there for an anime convention and my previous booking had been cancelled. I was very pleased with the expedient booking, payment, and checking in. Had a blast, loved my room, will definitely be returning next year with a few groceries in tow this time.

Room Tip: Bring some groceries to cook on the stove rather than go out. The areas' restaurants are very &q...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review of your stay. I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean spacious suites with a fully equipped kitchen at a great value. Your feedback concerning our free grab-and-go breakfast will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We got this hotels through Hotwire. The reviews got me worried about this hotel and I expected to have a bad night experience. When I got there, I know I tried to spot all the mistakes they made. The stuff was nice and very helpful, but the lobby was not so clean, and so was the elevator. I traveled quite a lot, but never seen any elevator this dirty. I walked to my room with bad thought about the night. Turn out the guestroom was really clean and comfortable for the price. My bf really liked the lazychair in the room. Things in the room are a bit old, but everything else was fine. It's not a bed stay at all. You get what you pay. My bf and I are really happy about this stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad that you found your room to be clean and comfortable during your visit. As well, it’s great to hear that you found our staff to be nice and helpful. Still, I apologize that the cleanliness of our lobby and elevator did not meet your expectations. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure these issues are quickly resolved. Thank you again for your comments. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

While my particular room is satisfactory, the facility is in need of attention.

Trash is left in the Trash Room entirely too long, creating a pungent odor throughout the bottom floor. The rear entrance card swipe has been out of order for nearly two weeks, so all must use the front entrance at all times.

This ESA serves its purpose overall. The housekeepers seem to do a very good job cleaning the room on the cleaning day.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to hear that your room was clean and satisfactory overall. Still, I apologize for the issues you experienced with the trash room and the broken card swipe on the rear entrance. I will be meeting with our maintenance and housekeeping staffs to ensure these issues are resolved and do not continue in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

When I arrived the staff was verry nice and made sure i had all i needed too have a nice quiet stay. was verry good at giving me directions and places too eat exc.Is located near colage and right beside interstate so easy too find and good parking thanks staff at extended stay Overland Park

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

James - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that the staff was nice and made sure you had a great experience at our hotel, also i'm glad to hear that our location was convenient for you.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I have never written a review on anything before, but my experience here has led me share my concerns so other travelers do not waste there time and money staying here.

I checked into my room last Monday and checked out approximately 2 hours later when I discovered how filthy the shower was. I would have considered staying if I could have found another room or had someone to clearn my shower, but the hotel was full and I was told that no one would be avaiable to clean until the morning.

The bathroom was absolutely DISGUSTING:
The sealed extra toilet paper roll on top of the toilet had dried blood on it and the shower looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a month. The tub was dingy and covered with black hair. AND there was piles of used soap with hair clumps on the shower ledge.
Additionally, the cleanliness of the kitchen was just mediocre. The top of the range was spotted with food, along with the microwave. The coffee maker basket and pot were dingy with build up and stains, as was the sink. The pictures below don't adaquately show how dirty the tub was.

The only postive part of this experience was the friendly and apologetic front desk person.

I have stayed in hotels and hostels around the US and in Europe and this was the dirtiest hotel shower I have ever experienced.

Because of this experience I will never book with any Extended Stay America.

I would never recoommend for anyone to stay here. There are plenty of other all suite hotels in the Overland Park area that are around the same price point that are much, much nicer and cleaner.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so glad that our front desk staff took such great care of you; however I apologize that the level of cleanliness in your room and bathroom did not meet your expectations. To prevent this from happening again, I'm working with my team to ensure the cleanliness of every room is up to standards and inspected according to our checklist before guests arrive.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at ovp@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed at Extended Stay America in Overland Park for one week in the spring. What can I say - it was fine. Nothing spectacular, but fine. I had what I needed, which was a home office and a kitchen. Since I got the one week rate, I did not have cleaning service, but that was also ok. The all-important coffee pot was there and they were very kind about handing over plenty of coffee packets when I asked. The grab-it breakfast was also helpful. Hot oatmeal, granola bars, fruit and plenty of fresh coffee.

I will add that I was a little concerned the first night. I saw some men coming and going as well as a teenage girl who was sitting out in the hall near her door talking on the phone till wee hours. Once in my room, it was quite and no one bothered me.

Really - I don't know what other types of people stay in such a place. But I was either working in my room or away, so it didn't matter too much. Front desk was pretty nice and helpful.

I have already reserved another week there next month. For the price, it's convenient and has everything I need.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here last year and it was great. This year was terrible. We had 4 more people this time and I made the reservations for all of us. We had 2 rooms and there weren't enough dishes or towels in either one. The room appeared to be clean but under and around the furniture it was very dirty and few bugs were found. The other room was visibly dirty. I was embarrassed as I had recommended this hotel to the other family. It looked like nothing had been done in a year. The only positive was the staff which really tried to get us the things we needed. I think that the desk clerk took dishes and towels out of other rooms. We had extra cleaning but the carpet really needed a good scrub and it smelled. I won't go back. There are many other choices in the area including a tent in Gramma's backyard.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our staff and how they helped to get the missing items into your rooms; however, we apologize that the cleanliness of the rooms were not up to expectations. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am working with our team on improving our cleaning procedures and how we ensure the proper amount of amenities are in each room.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me, at kco@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.