“The most disgusting bathroom EVER! Think twice before staying here.”

Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd.
Ranked #32 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Denver, Colorado
“The most disgusting bathroom EVER! Think twice before staying here.”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I have never written a review on anything before, but my experience here has led me share my concerns so other travelers do not waste there time and money staying here.

I checked into my room last Monday and checked out approximately 2 hours later when I discovered how filthy the shower was. I would have considered staying if I could have found another room or had someone to clearn my shower, but the hotel was full and I was told that no one would be avaiable to clean until the morning.

The bathroom was absolutely DISGUSTING:
The sealed extra toilet paper roll on top of the toilet had dried blood on it and the shower looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a month. The tub was dingy and covered with black hair. AND there was piles of used soap with hair clumps on the shower ledge.
Additionally, the cleanliness of the kitchen was just mediocre. The top of the range was spotted with food, along with the microwave. The coffee maker basket and pot were dingy with build up and stains, as was the sink. The pictures below don't adaquately show how dirty the tub was.

The only postive part of this experience was the friendly and apologetic front desk person.

I have stayed in hotels and hostels around the US and in Europe and this was the dirtiest hotel shower I have ever experienced.

Because of this experience I will never book with any Extended Stay America.

I would never recoommend for anyone to stay here. There are plenty of other all suite hotels in the Overland Park area that are around the same price point that are much, much nicer and cleaner.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so glad that our front desk staff took such great care of you; however I apologize that the level of cleanliness in your room and bathroom did not meet your expectations. To prevent this from happening again, I'm working with my team to ensure the cleanliness of every room is up to standards and inspected according to our checklist before guests arrive.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at ovp@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed at Extended Stay America in Overland Park for one week in the spring. What can I say - it was fine. Nothing spectacular, but fine. I had what I needed, which was a home office and a kitchen. Since I got the one week rate, I did not have cleaning service, but that was also ok. The all-important coffee pot was there and they were very kind about handing over plenty of coffee packets when I asked. The grab-it breakfast was also helpful. Hot oatmeal, granola bars, fruit and plenty of fresh coffee.

I will add that I was a little concerned the first night. I saw some men coming and going as well as a teenage girl who was sitting out in the hall near her door talking on the phone till wee hours. Once in my room, it was quite and no one bothered me.

Really - I don't know what other types of people stay in such a place. But I was either working in my room or away, so it didn't matter too much. Front desk was pretty nice and helpful.

I have already reserved another week there next month. For the price, it's convenient and has everything I need.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Antelope, California
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here last year and it was great. This year was terrible. We had 4 more people this time and I made the reservations for all of us. We had 2 rooms and there weren't enough dishes or towels in either one. The room appeared to be clean but under and around the furniture it was very dirty and few bugs were found. The other room was visibly dirty. I was embarrassed as I had recommended this hotel to the other family. It looked like nothing had been done in a year. The only positive was the staff which really tried to get us the things we needed. I think that the desk clerk took dishes and towels out of other rooms. We had extra cleaning but the carpet really needed a good scrub and it smelled. I won't go back. There are many other choices in the area including a tent in Gramma's backyard.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our staff and how they helped to get the missing items into your rooms; however, we apologize that the cleanliness of the rooms were not up to expectations. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am working with our team on improving our cleaning procedures and how we ensure the proper amount of amenities are in each room.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me, at kco@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Kansas City
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Been staying here every week for the last 3 weeks (traveling back home on the weekends). The first stay was good... since then, it has gone down hill.

Currently, I'm quite ticked. Arrived at my room, then ran out to get groceries. Upon returning, discovered there were no GLASSES or FORKS! This is a no-no at an extended stay. What is the point of having cabinets, a stove, and a fridge without anything to eat or drink with. What was room service doing to not notice this?

What makes it worse.. just walked to the hotel clerk and explained I didn't have any glasses or forks. She stated "sorry, we don't have any left." Umm... okay.

So, I asked for something plastic. She stated they don't have anything plastic either (which is odd.. because every morning they manage to have to-go coffee cups).

This place is cheap, and the service is crap. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Olin - I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that the utensils you needed during your stay were not provided. To uphold our company's high standards, we will thoroughly inspect every room to make sure there are cups as well as eating utensils. In addition, we will make it a priority to stock extra supplies at the front desk.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at kco@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Cypress, Texas
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We did not get the room we'd reserved and had to take a smaller room. The bathroom was tiny and had live bugs in it. The room itself offered a different variety of bug and was dirty - there was visible dust on surfaces and everything had a stale, unpleasant smell. The towels had hairs embedded in them. There were no supplies at all, no soap or kleenex. We never saw the breakfast food in the lobby so I'm not sure it existed. The halls smelled of old cooking odors. The rolling luggage cart was half broken and barely held together with duct tape. The air conditioner rattled and did little to stir the air which smelled like ramen noodles mixed with old cigarette smoke. This has to be the worst hotel in Overland Park.

Room Tip: Stay far away from this hotel!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this review, July 3, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The conditions of the room that you described are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have spoken to my team and will be doing further training to ensure your experience is not repeated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at kco@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Aubrey
Reviewed June 25, 2013

1) Took three days to get towels (not replacements, towels period) - Try drying off with a washcloth for three days. When we asked for towels, there were never any available.
2) The room smelled like smoke because someone nearby was smoking in their room even though there are no smoking signs everywhere.
3) There was food in the fridge left over from a previous guest.
4) Management was never available; it was always their day off.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Viki - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am very sorry that we were unable to provide you with replacement towels in a timely fashion and for the level of cleanliness in your room. In response, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our procedures to ensure these types of situations do not happen again in the future. As well, I am speaking with our Manager about the importance of attending to our guests needs.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at kco@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Paris, France
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had a great stay there. The location is particularly convenient, near the freeway and with grocery store nearby and, as we were concerned, very close to the Regional Medical Center. It has a fully equipped kitchen, flat screen tv and perfectly fonctionnal free wifi access. The staff was caring and efficiently helpful. We'd definitly recommend that hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Gilda - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel, the amenities we had to offer and our caring, efficient staff.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Overland Park
#23 of 37 in Overland Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites Overland Park
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Overland Park
WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Lenexa

Been to Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd.

Property: Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd.
Address: 10750 Quivira Rd, Overland Park, KS 66210-1217
Location: United States > Kansas > Overland Park
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #32 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Overland Park