“Extended STAY AWAY!!!!!!!”

Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd.
Ranked #30 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
“Extended STAY AWAY!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

the room was dirty when I got there. When I asked if it could be cleaned I was told it wasn't cleaned until I left. My smoke detector battery died and started beeping at 2:30 and didn't get resolved until 3:30. I couldn't reach anyone in the hotel and finally had to call the 800 number to get anyone to help me. Plus the second floor smelled of rotting garbage the entire length of my stay. Do yourself a favor pay more and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Front Desk was very rude upon check in stated she hate working Friday nights. The next day I had my door cracked open and could hear a HouseKeeper outside my room speaking about how she hated her job and using abusive language. That night I then came down to get towels and the over night person was speaking loudly saying the manager allows employees to live there so they should be working at night. I'm going to contact cooperate I will never stay with this company again

• Stayed June 2013
Palm Desert, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Easy check in to clean, comfortable room with a full kitchen and flat screen tv. Easy freeway access and grocery store is a short walk. Great area for dogs and plenty of green areas all around. Nice people on staff.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jahmok
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this review, June 7, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your clean, comfortable room and that we offered all of the extra amenities you were looking for. It was a pleasure having you visit and we look forward to seeing you again in the future if you're in the area.
san diego
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

The room was OK, my issue was getting checked in. I arrived after midnight on 5-28-13. The lobby doors were open so I walked in and fount a sign on the desk "be back in 5 minutes". So I waited. Twenty minutes later I tried calling the hotel itself and got just voicemail. After about 30 minutes I started to make alternate plans.

As I left I noticed the phone on the wall (outside of the lobby) for emergency and after hours. This got me to a live person who showed up in about 5 minutes.

She explained the front door was supposed to be locked (but the lock was broke) and the 5 minute sign really didn't apply for some reason - both of which misled me to be waiting in the lobby.

That anyone can just walk into the lobby without being noticed, late at night should be a big security concern to this place, as well as a major failure of customer service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

I've stayed here many times for business trips. The location is great close to shopping restaurants, the highway, etc. But it's always, "spin the wheel" as to how the stay is. The room was clean and well made. But I had to continually run down to the desk for, shampoo, drinking glass, teaspoon, hair-dryer.... Then the HVAC wasn't working and I was told they are booked, no rooms to be moved to....good luck with that. I had no luck. But the price usually is good and so I'll try again some time down the road. Travel safe!

Room Tip: I'm always put up on the 3rd floor???
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that we only provide kitchen amenities in each of our guest rooms. While it can be troubling to obtain these items from the front desk, it allows us to be more green friendly and provide for a larger number of guests overall. As well, I am very sorry that the A/C in your room did not function properly. I am working with my maintenance engineer to ensure that this is fixed.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at kco@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Wichita Falls, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Our first night there my little sister went to take a shower, opened the shower curtain, and there hanging was a dirty towel. When I told the front desk attendant about this issue, her response was, "Uh oh, thats not good." At no point did she say, " I truely do apologize for that, and I can reassure you that our staff cleans all of our rooms daily, and though someone forgot to remove the dirty linens, that's still unacceptable." Honestly that is all she had to say, but the longer I spoke with her about the issue, the more both my sister and I felt like she was trying to imply that we weren't telling the truth and that all we were looking for was a discount, which was not the case. She kept asking us why we didn't report the dirty towel the first night and if we did someone could have handled the situation that night instead of at check out. Also there was a dirty coffee filter left in the coffee machine from the last stay, or that stay before that since those things aren't obviously checked. And lastly, its fine that you all offer the grab-n-go breakfast, but we were up at 9am and there was no fruit and just a few blueberry muffins. Do these items only come on a first come first serve basis? Because it seems as though that "breakfast" isn't replenished at all.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Megan J
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Megan - I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I sincerely apologize for your room not meeting our cleanliness standards and for our staff not attending to your needs properly. Please know, I am working with the staff on ways to handle a situation like yours in order to ensure it does not happen again. As well, I am reviewing how to provide great customer service to all of our guests.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at kco@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Slinger, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

I have stayed here on several occasions and it is always the same thing. If your going to promote it as an extended stay location with a kitchen, how about more than 1 plate, 1 fork, 1 knife, 1 cup ... You get the idea. The room is ok, the internet SUCKS, unless you want to pay for it, the channel offering on TV is patetic there are about 15 channels 2 are ESPN, a few home shopping channels and a few local channels. If your going to stay here Priceline it, you can get the room for $28 and that is fair price for this room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this review, April 19, 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I sincerely apologize that our internet and TV selections did not meet your expectations. Your kitchen should also have come better equipped. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will be meeting to discuss what should be in every room to make sure your experience is not repeated.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. I invite you to contact me, at kco@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Overland Park
Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave
Extended Stay America - Kansas C...
#28 of 37 in Overland Park
Candlewood Suites Overland Park
Candlewood Suites Overland Park
#22 of 37 in Overland Park
Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Metcalf
Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St.
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Overland Park
WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Lenexa

Been to Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd.

Property: Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd.
Address: 10750 Quivira Road, Overland Park, KS 66210
Location: United States > Kansas > Overland Park
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #30 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Extended Stay, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Overland Park