Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd.
Ranked #30 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Idabel, Oklahoma
“Extended Stay Motel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

The front Desk was friendly, efficient, and made us feel welcome, not a bother. Room was good.
Ample parking. Area did not scare us.

Road Construction was the only problem. Not the motels fault. Will be really easy access when done. Do not let this stop you from staying

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Russ74745
vguerke, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you felt welcomed and that your accommodations were up to your expectations. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Tukwila, WA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Wow! A newly remodeled hotel in Overland Park for $60 per night? How could that be? The hotel is nice and clean. In the room there were no hangers, no shampoo, no glasses, no stand to put my bag on, no blanket on the bed, cheap towels, tiny bathroom, and one of those very old A/C and heat units that doesn't have a temperature thermostat, just an analog dial for hotter or colder. There are signs for free Internet, but when you sign on you find out that it is slow, but you can pay to make it go faster. I wondered how the room could be so inexpensive, and I guess it is that way because they have skimped on every other detail. Maybe the price was neither too expensive or too cheap and that is just want you get for $60 per night.

Room Tip: They are doing construction on the overpass next to the hotel, so you might want to ask for a room t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this review, October 2, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that you were dissatisfied with the amenities we offer. Please accept my apology. I am planning a meeting with the staff to ensure that all amenities are provided correctly in our rooms and to ensure that communication upon check-in regarding other amenities that are available at the front desk are explained so this does not happen again in the future. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I invite you to contact me at kco@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Slinger, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

I own a cellular contracting company and we were in town for what turned out to be 9 weeks. We stayed at the Extended Stay on Quivera for the entire time. The rooms were large and comfortable, the beds were comfortable as well. House keeping comes in once a week and they really don't do a whole lot. The fresh sheets were left at the foot of the bed! I had to change my sheets, you needed to go to the front desk for fresh towels, and no house keeping did not change out towels either in their weekly visit. Each room has a full size refrigerator, and an electric range, and basic cookware, plates and utensils. We have been back in the area since this stay and have not gone back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank chevydmax04
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this review, October 1, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

We specialize in providing guests with the amenities and service they require for an enjoyable stay at an exceptional rate. In the case of housekeeping, our standard service schedule provides one full housekeeping after every seven days stayed, with the option to purchase additional housekeeping services as desired. Operating our business in this way allows us to continue offering the same great rates to which our guests have become accustomed.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

The property is well maintained and the hotel room was clean and spacious! The management team and employees were very friendly, helpful and accommodating. The price for the room was incredibly reasonable! I highly recommend this hotel and will stay there again when I am in the Kansas City area!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Gregg - It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel and for recognizing the efforts of our entire staff. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.

Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

I rated this hotel as average because it is pretty old and tired looking however with the price that we paid (around $35 on Priceline) it was definitely worth it. I felt safe, staff was pleasant, beds were comfortable and it was pretty clean. However don't expect any of the extras such as water bottles, complimentary breakfast, pretty lobby, spacious rooms because you will be disappointed. Take it for what it is...a budget hotel.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this review, September 24, 2012

We specialize in providing clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price. That means we don't set out extra amenities like shampoo, lotions, shower caps, etc, in our rooms. However, our hotel does have a limited supply of sundries at the front desk, and we happily dispense them free of charge upon request. Operating in this way allows us to continue to provide you our great rooms at exceptional rates. I take all of your concerns seriously and assure you that we work very hard to explain exactly what we offer to our guests before they arrive. I am, of course, very sorry that we were unable to make our offerings more clear to you before you checked in, and hope that you will keep our hotel in mind when your future needs are for an accommodation like ours.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one. I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

The staff were very nice. The hotel room was very nice. The prices were fairly cheap. The noise level was kinda irritating at some points but overall the hotel the room an the staff were excellent. I would reccomend the hotel to anyone. If I should need to go back and stay I would. I also found out that they do not have a pool but you can get a free pass to go to the other hotel across town an swim there. They had a very pretty fountain place that u could walk to an sit there it was very peaceful. I didn't like how expensive the pops an snacks were but I'm sure that didn't have to do with the hotel. I also think that they should tell u if u make any long distance phone calls you will be charged instead of giving u a packet that u have to actually read to find that out.

• Stayed July 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.

Overland Park, Kansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

i have been staying here several weeks on company business. My a/c quit working the end of July. i work a full time job so when i get back to the room the maintenance guy conveniently does not answer his phone and neither does the management and to top things off they have no empty rooms. im setting here in 105 degree weather with an ac that doesn't work sweating profusely at 12:00 am with no ac. the management/staff just doesn't care. if you wouldn't tolerate it yourself why tolerate it from a customer. i wouldn't stay here again if it were up to me. if your looking for cheap non responsive customer service this is the place for you. hope you like crappy customer service and no a/c.

Room Tip: hope you like heat
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Kansas City - Overland Park. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

I'd like to respond specifically to your comments about the malfunctioning air conditioner. In response to your review, I requested a building-wide inspection of each air conditioning unit, and have received confirmation that all are now in proper working condition.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Overland Park
Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave
Extended Stay America - Kansas C...
#28 of 37 in Overland Park
Candlewood Suites Overland Park
Candlewood Suites Overland Park
#22 of 37 in Overland Park
Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Metcalf
Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St.
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Overland Park
WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Lenexa

Been to Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd.

Property: Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd.
Address: 10750 Quivira Road, Overland Park, KS 66210
Location: United States > Kansas > Overland Park
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #30 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Extended Stay, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Overland Park