“Terrific Stay”

Ranked #16 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Terrific Stay”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This was my first stay at a Hyatt Place and we had a great experience. The room was spacious and well appointed, the entire hotel had been renovated, and all areas were very nice and comfortable. The breakfast was great. We booked through a $50 bid on priceline, so I was expecting much less, the only reason I can think we got the place for so cheap is that it is in a business area and we were there over the July 4th weekend, so there were few business travelers and many vacant rooms. One thing to consider is that there are oddly two different Hyatt Place locations within a mile or so of one another in Overland Park, so make sure you are heading to the right one.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a short weekend get-away. Though we live in the same metro area, we found the location to be great for easy access to local shopping, attractions, and restaurants.
Upon our arrival, I was a bit leery judging from the exterior of the property--it wasn't bad, just not extremely inviting or attractive. However, the interior has been entirely renovated; not sure when, but it appears fairly recently. The entry/lounge is very modern and a great welcome as you enter. Having never stayed in with Hyatt before, I was impressed by the quality of amenities and environment.
We stayed on the third floor, right around the corner from the elevator. I was afraid there might be a problem with noise, but never did hear it. I found the room to be spacious and as equally inviting as the front entrance had been. There were a variety of built-in media input outlets connected to the TV, which I thought was a nice touch. Room included couch, mini-bar, and desk areas. The only issue I had was with the bathroom, which I didn't feel was up to par with the room itself. It was boring and seemed dated compared to the updated room. Also there were some unattractive black spots in the corners of the bathtub tile (see picture), that seemed like a glaring oversight in such a well manicured room.
We were very impressed by the included breakfast offerings--not your typical cheap hotel continental breakfast! It included several gourmet options, hot breakfast sandwiches, and quality coffee and drinks. We were very pleased with the breakfast.
We did not use the gym or pool, but they both were small and had little appeal.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 5, 2012

You can stay at one of these properties anywhere and pretty much receive the same level of service which is great! Always(or at least thus far) clean and comfortable!

Dixon, Missouri
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I had stayed at the other two Hyatt Place properties in Kansas City and got to stay in this property after bidding on a hotel on priceline. I always enjoy my stay at Hyatt Place. The rooms are smaller but well appointed and clean. I like the big HD TV in the room. The staff at the hotel are friendly. We checked in late at 9:00 PM and had no trouble with our reservation. Our room was right by the elevator and while I did hear it ding a few times very early in the morning it was not bad and the other guests using the elevator were very quiet. I can deffinetly recommend staying at this hotel.

Shawnee, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Nice property. Room was large and clean. Staff was friendly. Would stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Ozark, Missouri
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night during a weekend trip to KC for a Royal's game. The hotel is easy to get to, the staff was friendly, and our room was clean. We were on the top floor, which was quiet and we both got a great night's sleep. The price was much lower than hotels closer to the stadium, but since it was close to the highway our drive wasn't bad at all. We will definitely be staying here again!

Room Tip: The top floor was very quiet
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed June 14, 2012

All hyatt place hotels are exactly the same - I'm not kidding. I'm a Hyatt diamond member and stay perhaps 75 nights a year in various Hyatts around the world. Sometimes I'll wake up in a Hyatt Place and not remember exactly where I am.

However, they have carved out a good model, and I can hardly complain. I continually choose to stay here because of the price, convenience, and service. For a business traveler who doesn't need a high end hotel, this works just fine.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business