“super clean” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Festus, Missouri
“super clean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2010

We/ve been staying at the Holtze 1 - 2 time a year now for over 6 years. It's a very nice hotel. It's very clean and spacious. The beds are comfortable. The bathroom is large and has very good lighting. We've stayed in the suites and the regular hotel rooms. They're always nice. The breakfast is always very good and is a hot breakfast. The "dining room" is large with lots of tables. We've never been to the evening reception.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Albuquerque, NM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2010

We stayed in a one bedroom queen suite. The rooms were clean and spacious. The shower was huge and tall and powerful. There was a full kitchen. The room came with breakfast and evening appetizer social included. The food was actually better than we were expecting. In fact, the appetizers were plenty for dinner. The room came with a fireplace but we never could get it to light. The pool was clean and the water was a great temperature (not cold). The hotel was not near the baseball stadium or most attractions but it did have easy freeway access. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2010

I thought it was a 4 starr hotel but more like a 3. Bad things- staff differs on rules. Half the staff are great and the other no so much. It was super clean but if you had a maintance problem it took a day. ( we had a propane leak from the fireplace, we fixed it ourselves) Internet was down over 75 per cent of the time. the couch for our sitting room was very old and there were stains on the carpet.

Most of the staff were very nice. The place was spotless and the beds were very comfortable.
The breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Ottawa, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2010

I am a regular traveler and try to write reviews after my hotel stays as I have come to rely on the reviews that I read on Tripadvisor and want to be able to help other travelers by providing my own reviews. I have to admit that I was a little bit concerned after reading the June 2010 review of the place I was booked to stay during the first weekend in July.
I am glad that I went ahead and stayed at the Holtze Executive Village as I could not have been happier with my experience.
When I pulled up to the front of the lobby, I was impressed by the impeccable appearance of the grounds and the building. I even observed one of the grounds keepers scrubbing the sidewalk as we entered the lobby. The counter staff was courteous and accommodating as they quickly moved me through the registration process. My wife and I shared a suite with relatives and we could not have been happier with the choice. The suite was like a small apartment with two bedrooms, two baths, a kitchen with stove, range top, microwave and full-sized refrigerator. There were glasses and mugs in the cabinets as well as cookware and utensils. Everything was clean and orderly. There was also a full sized table with four chairs and a couch and stuffed chair in the living room area which also had a flat screen TV on the wall. The rooms have free Wi-FI access which is also a plus.
The bathrooms were spacious and impeccably clean. I was THRILLED to find extra towels in the cabinets, so there was no need to hunt down housekeeping in the event that I needed more than one towel per person.
The rooms are laid out much like small apartment complexes with the lobby located in the center of the complexes. There is a large pool which I observed the grounds crew checking the chemical balance of the water each morning as I ate breakfast in the lobby. Although the accommodations list the weekend breakfasts as continental, we were delighted to find that they served sausage, bacon, eggs, and waffles on top of the generous selection of continental breakfast choices.
The fitness room is small, but I was told that if I preferred, I could use a complimentary pass to a local health club that was situated near the hotel. The pool was large and as I said before, well maintained.
The hotel is located one block off of I-435 and US-69 which makes it rather convenient to get around the greater-Kansas City area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Cargotraveler
Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2010

Stayed at the hotel for a business trip. Have heard good things about this place so I was pretty excited about the "nice place". They do have a very nice lobby and a happy hour (those are the only things that were appealing about the place). Not sure if I was put in a room that used to be a smoking room but it stunk pretty badly. The room still had cleaning supplies in it (even though i checked in after 5pm), but they must have forgotten to finish cleaning the room. The bathroom had little flies and dead bugs in it, the carpet hasn't been vacuumed and the room looked very outdated. Toilet wasn't flushing and the tv didn't work very well. I would expect it from a low end hotel but not this one. I am quite disappointed, I think for my next trip I will definitely stay at another place.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank BTravel11145
colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2010

Spent three nights here on business trip. Sort of a combination hotel/extended stay place. Queen room was spacious with seating and work area. Very quiet. Rooms are located in separate buildings (like apartments) and have apartment-style exterior doors. Nice furnishings, comfortable bed. Short walk to pool/bar area where you get coupons for two free drinks/ night and complimentary heavy hors d'oeuveres are served Mon-Thurs until 7 pm. Food is not great but we made a dinner of it as we were quite busy. Breakfast is also served as part of room rate. There is also free wi-fi. All in alll, a good place to stay for a business trip.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2010

My husband and I were looking for a nice, modestly priced hotel to stay in for our anniversary. For the spacious room, king-sized bed, garden tub, and complimentary breakfast we received, I felt that the $90 we paid for the evening was a steal.
The staff was super-friendly and even comped a free Pay Per View movie for us as an anniversary gift.
When we checked out, we realized that we were about 30 minutes later than checkout time. We felt terrible about it and apologized for our error; they were very pleasant and did not charge us anything extra for our mistake. I'm not by any means recommending taking advantage and I tentionally staying late, but it was refreshing to see a place that didn't attempt to screw us over on those types of things.
I highly recommend this establishment!

• Stayed April 2010