“Comfortable & Homey”

Ranked #25 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Overland Park KS
“Comfortable & Homey”
Reviewed September 30, 2008

I am currently doing a 6 week stay at this property and wanted to let everyone know how comfortable and homey this hotel has been. The Holtze Executive Village is for the most part quiet, very clean and comfortable. The evening dinner snacks are great and having a full breakfast every morning has helped eleviate the food cost with my teenage son. Very comfortable beds, spa like bathrooms. The only regrets I've had is the couch and chair in my room are quite worn. The hot tub and pool area are cleaned daily and the staff is so friendly and helpful it's a pleasure to visit with them. A few nights the hot tub crowd has gotten a bit loud, but they are usually quiet by 11pm. I would recommend a long term stay at this property, or a quick over night. Either way, I think you shouldn't be disappointed.
J. Anderson

• Liked — Daily food offerings, free coffee, clean rooms comfortable beds, friendly staff
  • Disliked — loud hot tob crowd, a bit worn furniture in the living room, not enough kitchen pans to cook with
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Salestraveler23, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Overland Park, responded to this review, October 7, 2008
Thank you so much for your nice comments! We are so grateful to have such wonderful guests stay with us. I appreciate your comment on the couches as well. We are in the process of updating our rooms and part of that will be to replace the older couches. Thanks again for taking the time to make your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Rochester
Reviewed July 8, 2008

The hotel is magnificent and we have never experienced such incredible service before. From the moment we checked into the hotel until we left, we felt pampered. I wish all hotels had the positive energy that the Holtze staff has. There wasn't one staff member that didn't acknowledge you when you passed them. I had never had a staff member ask if there was something that they could do for me. I was walking to the pool, which was very nice and was asked by a staff member if there something that they could do for me to make my stay more enjoyable. I love the positive feeling that we received. The 2 bedroom suites are wonderful !!! The King bed is awesome to sleep in. VERY, VERY clean Hotel !!! This Hotel should be rated a 5 star.
Thank You Holtze staff !!!! Keep up the great job !!!

• Liked — The cleaniness of the Hotel and the staff being very friendly
  • Disliked — Need more flowers instead of all greens
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Texas
Reviewed July 8, 2008

We love coming here. We come several times a year. It's a lot of fun, and it's nicer than most hotels. They have great mattresses (new) and nice bedding. There's so much room, it's not crowded like a regular hotel room, it's more like an apartment.

The employees are very nice and accomendating. We love the pool!!!

• Liked — Love the rooms and the pool
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed July 1, 2008

I'm not sure how these last two reviews came about. We stayed for two nights in the end of June and loved it. While it is in an 'office/corporate' area, there are normal shopping centers and restaruants within 2 miles. We were able to get a great rate through the 360KC.com website - $89 for the one bedroom suite! The room was very clean and it seemed like an apartment. Bed was very comfortable, bathroom totally clean.
I would say the front desk was very helpful. We called the front desk to find out the closest movie theater and she even looked up the movie times while on the phone and gave us precise directions on how to get there. The breakfast was just fine for a free breakfast, much better that muffins and coffee! The best part was that we never heard a single noise from anywhere - totally soundproof room. We will most definitly stay here again if we can find this rate.

• Liked — Very clean and quiet
  • Disliked — Nothing - loved it all
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 7, 2008

Granted, I had never been in suburban Kansas City. However, this hotel seemed to be in the middle of office park nowhere. There is almost nothing in the vicinity of the hotel - and silly me not renting a car. The hotel does advertise complimentary van service within a 5 mile radius , but good luck getting it. I asked 3 times about getting van service to the mall in the evening and was told that there are no drivers after 6 pm - in spite of the fact that the hotel literature says that vans are available until 9 pm. I was so desperate to get out of there that I called several cab companies and was advised that the charge (to go 3 miles) would be $15 minimum, and that I would have to schedule several hours in advance. The room was fine. It had an odd set up, though, which would have made me crazy if I was there for more than 2 days. The closet was overly large, while the microwave and mini-fridge were tucked into the entertainment center. The sheets on the bed were cheap and didn't fit well - kept popping off. The bathroom was fine, but not the cleanest - there were a few hairs in the tub when I arrived. Next tine I have to be in Overland Park, I will look for a Residence Inn or other major chain hotel...

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
toronto
Reviewed May 30, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Holtze for a week. Classy, clean and well maintained this property puts the high priced chains to shame. Located conveniently close to 435 and 69, in a very quite almost residential area. The standard rooms are really mini suites with amenities galore. Our room had a large sitting area with sofa, a mini fridge and microwave (with complimentarily popcorn). The breakfast included waffles, bacon, eggs, toast and sweet rolls, cereals, fruits and juices.i dont understand why are there so many bad reviews as i find that hotel very clean . and staff very responsible and quick all the times

Stayed May 2008
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed April 29, 2008

My husband and I attended the Truck and Indy Races and stayed for the weekend. We were fairly close to the track, probably about 20 min. The rooms were just as pictured online. We had a 1bedroom suite in building 4 on the second floor. This particular room had the bedroom window next to the pool which might be loud during the summer, but it was cold when we were there so it didn't mattter. The only problem with the room was the ignighter in the fireplace was out of commission so we never got to try that out. The breakfast in the morning is a real value. It varied slightly each morning and the staff was smiling the whole time. One day we had eggs, sausage patties and hashbrowns, the next was biscuts and gravy and waffles. There was cereal, fruit, donuts, and toast every day. Sure saves on having to find somewhere to eat before heading out for the day. On our last night we asked the front counter attendant for a recommendation for a local pizza place. He directed us to Minsky's, just down the road which was very good also. We will definetly stay again if we are in the area.

• Liked — The free breakfast, and the low rates. Location.
  • Disliked — Fireplace was broken.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Salestraveler23, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Overland Park, responded to this review, May 13, 2008
Thank you so much for your comments. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. I do apologize for the issue you had with the fireplace. Once "winter" is over we turn off the pilot lights to conserve gas, but if a guest requests the fireplace be turned back on we would be happy to oblige.