“Great Value!!”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Overland Park
Ranked #26 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This hotel is really nice and clean.It's in a great location to many things and it's a GREAT value for what you get! I love that they have the nightly reception each evening and breakfast in the morning. I also loved that they had a little snack shop inside the clubhouse, it came in handy when we wanted to buy some late night snacks.

The staff was nice, check in was super easy and fast. We LOVED the hot tub. It's open all year. It was snowing while we were in it--very nice!! We had a King size bed and it was really comfortable.I loved the big garden tub too.

My only complaint is that the rooms are REALLY quiet. We sleep with a fan at home and definitely missed it while we were here. There is a fan with the air conditioner, but it went off and on all night. The front desk very well could have had a fan that we could use, we didn't bother to ask. Next time, we will just bring our own fan just in case. We could hear the neighbors having sex in the middle of the night, which is just another reason why sleeping with a fan at this hotel would be a good idea :) I also think the shower heads could use a little update--ours sprayed all over the bathroom even after adjusting it several times.

The good definitely out weighed the bad at this hotel, and we will stay there again if we're looking for a hotel in Overland Park. We're happy we stayed here!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrandMrsE514
Brian M, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

We are so glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay at the Hawthorn Suites. Please feel free to ask for a fan the next time you stay. Hope to see you again soon!

Brian Meader

Write a ReviewReviews (1,908)

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We read all the reviews and decided to give it a shot. It was the most beautiful hotel and the newly remodeled rooms were amazing! Huge tub, clean and lovely rooms We will be back! Excellent deal!

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
Brian M, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

We are so glad you decided to give us a shot. It is always nice to hear that our guest have had a comfortable and enjoyable stay. See you in 2013

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Reviewed December 25, 2012

A TripAdvisor Member
BIXBY
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times and am there about every 2 weeks. I am not sure if there has been a management change but for the first time I had a very dissapointing stay at the Hawthorne Overland Park, After lugging my luggage to my room I opened the door to a room that had not been cleaned. Sheets off the bed and dirty. That night the heater even at a setting of 60 degrees would not stop. I called front desk at 1:30 in the morning asking for another room tomorrow (2 night stay and I did not want to change rooms in the middle of night in the snow) where I was told 'not a problem' There was no follow up at all and when I went to the front desk I was told someone would fix it before I got back. After getting back to my room it in fact was not fixed and even more dissappointing was there was absolutely no follow up by management to see if I was satisfied or even a call to see how I was doing. I like the hotel but not sure I will return.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a great experience during your stay in December like your previous stays. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we want you to return in 2013. We hope you give us another opportunity to serve you better.